Close

Default This looks interesting

Ed Lohr
    http://www.LiveWireSoundSystems.com

SAC Host: Win 7 Pro 64 - i3 3.4Ghz - (3) Presonus FireStudio Project @ 48kHz, 24 bit, 64x1 buffers
    SAC Remote 1: Win 7 Pro 64 - i3 3.3Ghz - 23" LED LCD monitor
    SAC Remote 2: Samsung NP300 Notebook - Win 7 64 - i3 3.3Ghz
    SAC Remote 3: Lenovo IdeaTab Lynx Tablet - Win 8 32 bit

2. Default Re: This looks interesting

Default Re: This looks interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Sound Machine Inc View Post

Ouch! Out of my range at the moment.
    Ed Lohr
    http://www.LiveWireSoundSystems.com

SAC Host: Win 7 Pro 64 - i3 3.4Ghz - (3) Presonus FireStudio Project @ 48kHz, 24 bit, 64x1 buffers
    SAC Remote 1: Win 7 Pro 64 - i3 3.3Ghz - 23" LED LCD monitor
    SAC Remote 2: Samsung NP300 Notebook - Win 7 64 - i3 3.3Ghz
    SAC Remote 3: Lenovo IdeaTab Lynx Tablet - Win 8 32 bit

FOH: SAW/SAC 2xRME RayDAT, Appsys ADX-64B
    Stage: 2x 6U Racks w/ Appsys ADX-32B and 3x ADA8000 with remote gain control.
    Remote: Lenovo X61 tablet

That looks very cool! I wonder what the latency is like, how you control the preamps remotely, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
    That looks very cool! I wonder what the latency is like, how you control the preamps remotely, etc.
    I am one of the few that sell RedNet in my part of the US.

There is just under 3ms latency from preamp input to output. It is about the same latency as any PTHD or similar class interface. Dante itself has less than 1ms latency. If you use a RedNet interface (preamp, analog line in, digital in, or MADI bridge) you will not have additional latency going to a computer via their PCIx card. Their card is THE bomb. It will do 192, unlike Audinates. It has some other benefits as well. If you go in to the computer via Ethernet, then you will have an additional 7ms of latency using Virtual Sound Card. Now, if you are just tracking, monitoring some other way, this is ok. But, I am suggesting everyone buy that card just in case. Besides, you may need to have internet access to send files or something AND use Dante.

If you use their recommended NetGear or Cisco switches and routers, you will not have to set anything up. These devices come preconfigured so RedNet has preference on the network.

The pres are completely new. They are very, very clean and quiet. The DI is great. All of the interfaces are very clean. They did not skimp on electronic components either. It's all high end stuff under the hood.

If anyone wants more info, hit me up. I can make you a suh-weet deal. When you consider what you are getting, in the case of the preamp, it's like getting the Dante interface for free. If you compare apples to apples, this stuff is a great value. I sell Symetrix, QSC QSYS, Media Matrix and other Dante interfaces. This stuff gives you the ability the others do not, to calibrate to -18 and -24. Some of these other devices stick you at -24 or as low as -32. When you connect a modern piece, like a very hot Shure ULXD receiver, the digital trim can be at zero and the input can still be clipped. Focusrite did their homework.
    Last edited by brent; 05-22-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Brent;

To set up live audio transfers between computers is the Dante PCIx card and the Dante Virtual Sound Cards plus Gigabit NICs the only thing required?
    From the Dante documentation it is not clear to me, but it looks like a magic solution when using multiple computers in a studio environment. (wrong forum I know)

Cheers...
    Robert V.
    Shinustudios.com

You do not need Virtual Sound Card if you have the PCI card. It will work with just about anything, Windows or Mac, CORE or ASIO. PT for example will see the devices as PT devices. Any other DAWs without dedicated hardware will work with it.

The remote control software for the preamps is just a remote for the preamps. The concept is to keep the preamps in the same room as the microphones, with as short of mic cable as possible, and then control the preamps from the control room. Right now you have to have one pane open per preamp interface. The software has not been ported over to other DAWs yet. They are working on that.

Dante is self aware. When you plug in a device, the network sees it. The devices label themselves and are added to the virtual patch bay. It really is as simple as you say. Connect a Dante interface to your computer with CAT6, and you are off. You can route that signal anywhere via a switch, as many times as you want, without adding latency, up to 300'. Beyond 300' you go fiber.
    Last edited by brent; 05-25-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Hi Brent

Thanks for the response,
    Just to clarify, to set up an audio network over CAT5/6 all that is required is the RedNet PCIe Card (and I assume a Virtual Soundcard for each additional computer connected)

Thanks
    RobertV
    Shinustudios.com

Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    Hi Brent

Thanks for the response,
    Just to clarify, to set up an audio network over CAT5/6 all that is required is the RedNet PCIe Card (and I assume a Virtual Soundcard for each additional computer connected)

Thanks
    RobertV
    Shinustudios.com
    You need the interface with the PCIx card or an interface with Virtual sound card.