Close

Thread: Satuday's Gig

Default Satuday's Gig

Did 3 stages and cooking workshop at The Dallas International Festival May 25th. All was indoors in the Fair Park Centennial Building out of the heat, rain, wind, and what ever else nature can cook up these days.

Two stages had SAC systems stage side with fader pack and remote note book for working out front. One stage had 12 channel, 4 amp Carvin. Cooking workshop had 2 QSC K12 and two Shure PGX wireless with ear clip headset mics. Andre Yaniello did stage with scenic backdrop, Jason Lomax did stage with Tie-dye backdrop and Dean Watson (new to our crew) did stage with flags. I help where needed and watched over cooking. (although did not get fed).

We now have four guys fully trusted to set up, mix and pack two SAC systems. Each can operate SAC without help. I credit this to not trying to do to much with SAC. We use a simple default screen with input, output and returns all pre labeled and configured to fit our 24ch systems. Makes the learning curve easy.
    David www.DavidGlassSoundServices.com
    SAC/SAW System: I3 cpu, Intel SSD for Software & WD3200 300gb for Data, RME HDSP9652, 3 ADA8000, optical drive, dual 20" displays, AmpedWireless HiPwr router, Shure wireless talkback mic, SAC, SAWlite, Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, Levelizer, WaveLab, WinAmp.
    Remote: Lenovo 16" notebook, 20" 2nd display, BCF 8 channel Fader pack.

Default Re: Satuday's Gig Packed

Thought forum might like to see how four systems pack in my used Penske/GMC box truck.

On passenger side is 24 channel SAC with 2 dual 18" subs, 6 15" tops, 6 12" monitors, 8 500wt monitor amps, 2 2000wt sub amps, 2 3800wt top amps,2 speaker stands, speaker cords crates, mic stand bag & mic/cable bag.

On driver side is 24 channel SAC with 2 18" subs, 4 15" tops, 4 12" monitors, 4 500wt monitor amps, 4 2000wt main amps, 2 speaker stands, speaker cord crates, mic stand bag & mic/cable bag.

Up front (for this gig only) are Carvin 12 channel/4amp mixer, 2 12" tops, 2 10" monitors, mic stand bag, 2 cable/mic crates. And 2 QSC K12 with 2 speaker stands and cable crate.
    SAC/SAW System: I3 cpu, Intel SSD for Software & WD3200 300gb for Data, RME HDSP9652, 3 ADA8000, optical drive, dual 20" displays, AmpedWireless HiPwr router, Shure wireless talkback mic, SAC, SAWlite, Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, Levelizer, WaveLab, WinAmp.

3. Default Re: Satuday's Gig

Very nice and pro looking!

Default Re: Satuday's Gig

Bet that Cobraflex horn is the rear seat radio speaker They go really LOUD

Butch

Default Re: Satuday's Gig

The "cobra flex" mounts on a speaker stand with a Shure PGX velcroed underneath. Use it for outdoor spoken word amplification like sporting events. The black box holds amp board from an ancient Peavey 40wt PA.