Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Here we go again

SO, I would LIKE to make a purchase of the Slate Digital Drum Trigger Platinum, BUT before i do, i would like to know if im gonna be able to use it in SAWStudio, or do i have to go back into protools to use it??? Anyone have Success with THIS plugin?? Sure wish more of these things worked better.....
    Carey A. Langille
    Producer/Engineer
    Ocean Sound Productions
    www.oceansoundstudio.com
    Creativity at the Speed of Sound

Default Re: Here we go again

I had to use Chainer to get Trigger to work in SAC and SAW. You'll need to purchase that.
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

Chainer won't work in windows 7 or 8 FYI
    Saw64, SAC64 DP, Live, Cubase, Logic Pro and LUNA
    http://www.jillandrich.net

Can i say *UCK on here??
    Carey A. Langille
    Producer/Engineer
    Ocean Sound Productions
    www.oceansoundstudio.com
    Creativity at the Speed of Sound

I am using slate trigger with Sawpro and XP. No problemms.... I am wondering why other are having problems. Maybe I have an older version. I do have problems with their other plugs..
    Last edited by Chris Kress; 06-03-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    Gigabyte - GA-EP45-DS3L, Quad Core 3.0 ghz -1333Mhz bus, Magma 32-bit x 13slot, 2 gig DDR-2 800, 2xRME AES32, 1 x UAD-2 Duo, 1 UAD-1e, 2 Powercore MKII, HighgPoint RocketRaid 3120, WinXP SP3, Nuendo, Samplitude, Sawstudio Pro, Reaper, ProTools, Wavelab

I believe Trigger has some Latency in the plugin, and Chainer seems to make it work. I couldn't get it going just installing Trigger on it's own and I have Windows XP.

You may want to try Console as a VST host within SAC and SAW. That has been one of the best purchases I have made.

I mean...can you not try the demo download to see if it works with your system?
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's

Really weird. No latency at all as I always layer it with the source snare sample and blend them. Perfect. My system latency is set to 1024 samples and maybe that makes the difference.
    Gigabyte - GA-EP45-DS3L, Quad Core 3.0 ghz -1333Mhz bus, Magma 32-bit x 13slot, 2 gig DDR-2 800, 2xRME AES32, 1 x UAD-2 Duo, 1 UAD-1e, 2 Powercore MKII, HighgPoint RocketRaid 3120, WinXP SP3, Nuendo, Samplitude, Sawstudio Pro, Reaper, ProTools, Wavelab

OK...mystery solved...Trigger does work by itself in SAWStudio..it was using it in SAC that I had to wrap it with Chainer.

Working in SAW and windows 7. No problems.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey Langille View Post
    SO, I would LIKE to make a purchase of the Slate Digital Drum Trigger Platinum, BUT before i do, i would like to know if im gonna be able to use it in SAWStudio, or do i have to go back into protools to use it??? Anyone have Success with THIS plugin?? Sure wish more of these things worked better.....
    IMHO Superior Drummer blows slate away....remember IMHO and also Superior works great in SAW/MWS.