Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default problems with RME HSDP 9652 and ADA8000

Hello all,

Recently I've bought myself all the materials to make a SAC system for live sound reinforcements of a band. And because I am tired of hauling a 40 channel A&H ML and the FX/dyn/eq racks that go along with it.

I'm having a problem with my RME card I think it is faulty. I just need some screenshots of the configuration of someone that has the exact same installation. My Ada's do not sync lock with the RME, nearly tried out everything to no avail. Do you guys use the word clock out and connect it with 75ohm cable and a 75ohm terminator or just connect all with a toslink cable ?

Any pointers would be more then welcome.

Default Re: problems with RME HSDP 9652 and ADA8000

Set the RME to master clock (or internal on newer drivers)... then make sure to set the Behringers to ADAT IN Sync on the switch in the back... make sure to have both adat in and out cables connected...

That's all there is to it.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Set the RME to master clock (or internal on newer drivers)... then make sure to set the Behringers to ADAT IN Sync on the switch in the back... make sure to have both adat in and out cables connected...

That's all there is to it.

Bob L

Many thanks for the pointer Bob,

The SPDIF OUT optionbox I did not check, just the SPDIF IN to internal right ?

if so then my card is faulty unfortunately, guess I'm taking a road trip to my gear addiction provider tomorrow.

Cheers

If you just have 1 card, you do not need to involve the SPDIF at all... set the clock to internal or master and use the adat pipes to sync the ADA8000 units.

Bob L

Here is a picture that gives you a basic idea of what the settings should be. Follow the text on the side, not what the settings in the picture are. This is just a stock photo.
    Harley Morgan

SAC Host: Intel H55 with I3-560, 320 gb hd, RME RayDat, 4x Behringer ADA8k

SAC: 1 x 64, 32channels, eq, dyn on all channels, 10 monitor mixes. 30%

System: Meyer UPA-1C (tops) SW118IV(subs) Yamaha CM15V (monitors)
    http://www.sixstringsclub.com

Thanks for the comments so far.

I've connected it up as you said Bob and have done the configuration as harley suggested. On my ADA8000 it gives me a lock but still not on my configuration panel of the HDSP card

I'm right now waiting for a friend to bring in a different computer and check if its not my motherboard that does not do what it is supposed to do.

If it doesn't work on a different computer I'm going to get a new RME card.
    Because then I have ruled out everything.

So I assume my hdsp card is damaged. I have tried the card in my friends Linux machine and it's only able to get an auto sync on 32 and 64Khz.

I have then tried again in my XP machine same thing.

Off to my dealer it is.

Thanks for all the responces they were very helpfull in diagnosing this problem.

There are a couple more things I would check before calling it quits.

What version of the driver are you using? If you are using the latest drivers from the site, then will need to check to see if the firmware in the card is up to date.

Secondly, you can change the clock source to "Adat". Then connect your preamp and set the switch on the ADA to either 44100 or 48000, to match the settings in the RME panel. See if they will sync that way.

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads...s_driver_hdspe
    Last edited by hkmorgan87; 06-26-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    Harley Morgan

Harley

I have flashed the card once I had it installed and installed the latest drivers.

Haven't tried the sync method as you described I'll try that in the afternoon if this doesn't work. I am going to purchase a Rayday then I have 8 more channels to do my shows

I replaced my 9652 years ago with a Raydat and have never looked back. The Raydat is quite a bit more expensive, and it uses Pci express. But i love it.

The different sync method is a way of helping determine if the problem your having is caused by the card. If your preamp syncs this way, then you could still have a driver issue, or it could be the card.
    Harley Morgan