Close

Default Meters crapping out...

Quite often, I'll have the meters on a SAC Remote station stop updating (we're talking hard wired here, not wireless). Is there anyway to get these guy functioning again short of restarting SAC Remote? I had this happen during a sound check on July 4th and it was a PITA not having the meters. Didn't have time to restart everything because we'd loaded a Mackie MCU template and I didn't have time to reload the template in the middle of the sound check.

Just wondering if there is an easy way to reset the meters and make them work again should this happen in the future. This actually happens a lot on my tablet (wireless); no problem restarting SAC Remote there because it's not my main mixing board. But the FOH SAC Remote (again, hard-wired) is a different issue.
    Cheers,
    Randy Hyde
    -------------------
    For the interested, SAC setup here: http://www.plantation-productions.co.../SACSetup.html
    Plantation Productions:http://www.plantation-productions.com

Default Re: Meters crapping out...

This happens to me on wireless and hardwired when trying to communicate to other devices on the network such as my amps or Yamaha processor. I just go to the 'options/activate TCP/IP remote mode' and uncheck it, then go right back and reconnect. I've yet to close the remote and reopen the program. Fixes it every time for me. Its almost as if sac keeps a count of bad ethernet packets and will drop a remote once this threshold has been reached. I cant prove this, but empirical data tells me it does.

-Eric

Quote Originally Posted by RandyHyde View Post
    Quite often, I'll have the meters on a SAC Remote station stop updating (we're talking hard wired here, not wireless). Is there anyway to get these guy functioning again short of restarting SAC Remote? I had this happen during a sound check on July 4th and it was a PITA not having the meters. Didn't have time to restart everything because we'd loaded a Mackie MCU template and I didn't have time to reload the template in the middle of the sound check.

Just wondering if there is an easy way to reset the meters and make them work again should this happen in the future. This actually happens a lot on my tablet (wireless); no problem restarting SAC Remote there because it's not my main mixing board. But the FOH SAC Remote (again, hard-wired) is a different issue.
    Cheers,
    Randy Hyde
    Try deactivating and then reactivating TCP/IP mode. This has worked for me for wireless issues. I see no reason why the wired connection should be any different or behave any differently.

Edit: I see Eric White already suggested this, so please consider my post a reiteration of what he says.
    Last edited by Donnie Frank; 07-07-2013 at 11:54 AM.
    DF

http://soundaddy.com

Intel DG965OT Motherboard (11/17/08) - Intel P4 LGA-775 651 (Cedar Mill) 3.4GHz CPU
    2.0GB 800Mhz RAM - 40GB Intel X25-V SSD - 500GB SATA "Spinner"

RME HDSP 9652 (x2 - 1 spare) - Behringer ADA8000 (x5 - 2 spares)
    CM MotorMix (x3 - Host system) - Behringer BCF-2000 (Remote system)

I've had the same issue in the past when hard wired. As it turns out, my router was on its death bed. Replaced the router and VOILA!
    Harley Morgan

SAC Host: Intel H55 with I3-560, 320 gb hd, RME RayDat, 4x Behringer ADA8k

SAC: 1 x 64, 32channels, eq, dyn on all channels, 10 monitor mixes. 30%

System: Meyer UPA-1C (tops) SW118IV(subs) Yamaha CM15V (monitors)
    http://www.sixstringsclub.com