Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: Sub group compression suggestions

I do see what you are saying... although I'm not sure what a controller or 3M would do to change that.

If you change the Grp Latch output masters to actual Group masters and assign them back to Output masters directly, then the group inputs will not be moved along with the group masters... the groups will actually be as analog groups and you will be free to do your scene change controls just on the output masters themselves.

This does offer new concerns though since adjusting the group level will not also adjust any post sends on the input chans for reverb or effects... if you use this method make sure to assign those returns to the group also so they chase as the group level goes up and down.

If your scene change on the group masters is to bring the group all the way down, could you just mute the group instead of moving the group master?

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    I do see what you are saying... although I'm not sure what a controller or 3M would do to change that.
    Because then I wouldn't have to create a scene at all just to do a cross-fade of two group faders.
    Josh
    185 Performance, LLC
    Atlanta, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    If your scene change on the group masters is to bring the group all the way down, could you just mute the group instead of moving the group master?
    I'm merely attempting to use group compression, and when I cross-fade a DCA with a submix, the goal is to push everything into compression, or pull everything out of it. So no, I won't be taking either group fader all the way down. I'll only be adjusting up or down 6 to 9dB or so.
    Josh
    185 Performance, LLC
    Atlanta, GA

Would you be able to just use the analog type group as I suggested with a compressor patched on the group master chan... then you would simply adjust the compressor threshold to start compressing more and more, or less and less... the group master would never be moved.

Bob L

You also can use any Windows 8 or 10 tablet or touch screen as a remote without having to jump into the expense of a 3M... in SAC 4.2 just turn ON the Windows 8 Multitouch protocol.

Bob L