Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Test SAC on Mac - CodeWeavers!

I've been wondering if SAC or SACRemote could run on Mac machines using CodeWeavers / CrossOver / Wine / WineBottler etc.

I don't own a Mac myself and so I have not been able to test it.

I submitted a request to CodeWeavers concerning SAC 3.0 specifically & it was accepted. Would any of you Mac owners be willing to test it and post your results? I'm curious about both SAC & SACRemote. Many people I work with have gone all Mac. I'd love it if the band members could bring their own Mac's & use SACRemote for their own monitor mixes while I supply the main SAC rig on my PC.
    http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name?app_id=11994

I hope some will have time & post their results here & / or there.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Test SAC on Mac - CodeWeavers!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan P View Post
    I've been wondering if SAC or SACRemote could run on Mac machines using CodeWeavers / CrossOver / Wine / WineBottler etc.

I submitted a request to CodeWeavers concerning SAC 3.0 specifically & it was accepted. Would any of you Mac owners be willing to test it and post your results? I'm curious about both SAC & SACRemote. Many people I work with have gone all Mac. I'd love it if the band members could bring their own Mac's & use SACRemote for their own monitor mixes while I supply the main SAC rig on my PC.

Thanks in advance.
    Can't speak to the virtualization programs you listed, but SAC Remote does run under Parallels and as far as I can tell should be usable.

Actually the full versions of SAC and SAW both work (even passing audio), but I haven't done any extensive testing and really wouldn't recommend them for an actual live production environment.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    Can't speak to the virtualization programs you listed, but SAC Remote does run under Parallels and as far as I can tell should be usable.
    I have tried to run SAC (demo) under Parallels and I ran into problems with the mouse. May have been fixed in later versions of Parallels, I don't know. However, I immediately abandoned trying to run SAC under a virtual machine at that point.

Probably would be able to run it under Boot Camp.

Actually the full versions of SAC and SAW both work (even passing audio), but I haven't done any extensive testing and really wouldn't recommend them for an actual live production environment.
    As much as I prefer Mac hardware quality over most PC stuff, I have to agree. Better to custom-build a SAC machine, anyway.
    Cheers,
    Randy Hyde
    -------------------
    For the interested, SAC setup here: http://www.plantation-productions.co.../SACSetup.html
    Plantation Productions:http://www.plantation-productions.com

The benefit to not using parallels or boot-camp is that you don't have to buy a Windows OS for every Mac involved.

Start adding up 6-10 Mac computers in a monthly rotation that is a good chunk of change. More than I want to ask people to spend.

The benefit to not using parallels or boot-camp is that you don't have to buy a Windows OS for every Mac involved.

Start adding up 6-10 Mac computers in a monthly rotation that is a good chunk of change. More than I want to ask people to spend.
    My acer AspireOne netbook cost me a little over 200 bucks NEW, has a daylight viewable screen and makes a terrific SAC remote, including the ability to add an second monitor if needed.

I'd bet you could find these second hand for $150 or less.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

6. Default Re: Test SAC on Mac - CodeWeavers!

Crossover is $60 and windows is $99.

VirtualBox is free as well to run Remote or if you're going to use SAC at the main audio engine on a mac, use bootcamp and run windows right on the bare metal without virtualization.

The benefit to not using parallels or boot-camp is that you don't have to buy a Windows OS for every Mac involved. If you start adding up 6-10 Mac computers in a monthly rotation, that is a good chunk of change. More than I want to ask people to spend on their own.

I do agree that staying with a PC for the host is the wisest move.

My church ventured into the parallels world for a brief time. They abandoned it because it was not reliable enough for their other programs at the time.

My personal interest in this inquiry is for the application of SACRemote with no additional OS. Will it work for on stage personal monitor use? That is what I hope someone can answer for me.

If SAC can run on it, that would be a bonus!

I haven't tested it on a Mac. Yes it should work. No it won't be perfect.

What I have done is run SAC remote under Wine on an Ubuntu distro a couple of years ago. That did work... mostly. But, and it's a big fat butt, there were some issues. It was possible to get the UI to do some strange things it's not supposed to do. I can't remember the details, but I got one fader to +1,000,000 or something like that.

My worry was the remote handing bad variables to the host and taking the whole thing down.

Personally, if I absolutely had to run sac remote on a Mac, without bootcamp then I'd see how well things perform in virtualbox.

I have Boot camp on my Macbook with XP so I can use System Architect, AudioCore and now Performance Manager.I have tested SAC remote to see if I could use it in a pinch and it seemed to work fine.
    I've done a thorough search of the site, and found nothing bad happens.
    EVER

10. Default Re: Test SAC on Mac - CodeWeavers!

Thanks in advance.
    I am in the same situation.. I bought a 24' box truck with a CAT C7 diesel engine.. has anyone gotten an engine like this to run on gasoline?? I mean there's tons of diesel available near me, but my bands only want to pay for gas......