Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Automatically setting cpu affinity for SAC

Quote Originally Posted by RBIngraham View Post
    Well I guess it's just dumb luck then that I never have to mess with this kind of thing in other audio software.
    You might look up 'Assembly Language Programming' to understand one of the reasons why Bob made that statement. Your guess did make me chuckle.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Default Re: Automatically setting cpu affinity for SAC

Quote Originally Posted by Carl G. View Post
    You might look up 'Assembly Language Programming' to understand one of the reasons why Bob made that statement. Your guess did make me chuckle.

Not sure why my premise was off the wall (as you must have initially typed in and then changed your mind, because that is what was sent to me via email). Basically my point was.... for the most part you don't need to bother with this stuff with other software. Why? I don't know.

But the truth is SAC and SAW are the only software I've worked with that has to turn off hyperthreading and sometimes tinker with which core of the CPU the software is running on. Other software just does the work for you. If you're so damn smart, explain that please?

What language software is written in shouldn't have anything to do with it. And if it does, then perhaps it's time to ditch it and work with some more modern development tools?

You can chuckle all you like, but I would wager you know I'm right, you just prefer not to poke the bear. As usual the minute you point out any short comings in SAC or SAW around here all the knickers get in a twist.
    Last edited by RBIngraham; 08-31-2013 at 09:16 PM.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/