Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Waves license question

I'm considering purchasing the gold bundle. I know you can transfer the license between machines with a standard thumb drive. I'm curious if you can leave the license on the thumb drive and use it like a dongle?

2. Default Re: Waves license question

The thumb drive is called an iLok and whoever is in possession of the iLok can use the licenses on it.

You're best to call the folks at waves direct to hear the proper answer straight from the horses mouth.

3. Default Re: Waves license question

Waves License Center offers two simple ways to move your licenses.
    Via USB Flash Drive
    The easiest way to move your Waves licenses between multiple computers is to activate them on a USB flash drive. Once that's done, you will be able to run your Waves plugins on any computer to which the USB flash drive is connected.

4. Default Re: Waves license question

Quote Originally Posted by PhaseShifter View Post
    The thumb drive is called an iLok and whoever is in possession of the iLok can use the licenses on it.

You're best to call the folks at waves direct to hear the proper answer straight from the horses mouth.
    ilok is no longer supported.. all new versions of Waves use standard thumb drive

Default Re: Waves license question

I did talk with someone at Waves who let me know that the license can be transferred with a standard fat32 thumb drive, but I failed to ask if the liscense can just live on the drive and move between machines. I thought I'd check here.

That answered my question. Thanks!

Sound Machine, what am I missing here? I purchased the Gold Bundle and performed the following steps:
    1. Downloaded and installed the Waves Licensing software and the Offline Installer
    2. Installed the Licensing software and transferred the license to a usb drive
    3. Installed (using the offline installer) the gold bundle on my audio machine
    4. Inserted the usb drive on the audio machine
    5. Grabbed one of the dll's from the Waves folder on the C drive and put it in the SAC VST folder.
    6. When I try and add it in SAC I get an error: "WavesLib_9.1_Win32dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

you can't just grab the .dll and relocate it, the .dll assumes that it's shell and licensing references are in the same folder it is in.

i don't use waves, so I don't know if there are any idiosyncratic issues with their licensing, but my knee-jerk reaction would be to point the installer to the SAC VST folder when installing...then all the associated waves glop the .dll needs would be there.
    Ramsey
    Kingsnake Sound Company
    Host:1U Supermicro rack case/I5-3570K/ASUS Sabertooth Z77/8GB Ram, 32GB SATA flash OS drive/250GB SATA storage drive/DVD-RW/HP1U KVM/DLink DIR-655 WirelessN OS: Win7 I/O: MOTU PCIx-424, 3x MOTU 2408mk3, 9xADA8000 Plugs:RML Levelizer,SAWverb; DualLinkwitzRileyFilter; Voxengo Gliss; ReaXcomp; Dominion; + testing others
    Typical Show:24-40 Channel, 4-8 mixes+sidefill, Stereo FOH+SAW multitracking
    Buffer & load: 2x32, 25-55% depending

You need to extract the dlls from the shell. Look for an utility called shell2vst. This program comes with instructions on how to use it. Note: Look at Waves site which plugins are available with 0 latency!
    FOH: SAW/SAC 2xRME RayDAT, Appsys ADX-64B
    Stage: 2x 6U Racks w/ Appsys ADX-32B and 3x ADA8000 with remote gain control.
    Remote: Lenovo X61 tablet

They will give you a demo licence for most of their plugs so that you can try the shell2vst and get them into SAC/SAW.
    Ben Farmer
    Omaha, NE
    ETCP Certified Entertainment Electrician