Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: UPS advice please

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Frank View Post
    Ahhhh....great idea! The ones I've seen are pretty bulky. I wonder if they make a smaller one? Hmmm....

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Reliance-...P207/202216509

Larry B
    SAC RIG: ASUS PQ5-SE/R E8500 4GIG RAM WIN XP RME DIGI9652 3-ADA8000 DBX DRIVERACK260 12U RACK CASE SAC & SAW studiolite.

2. Default Re: UPS advice please

I bought a Tripplite AVR900U. Works like a champ, never had a shutdown and these guys have been in this business for quite awhile. No, not rack mountable (they do make similar ones that are), but at ~$100.00. You just can't beat it. Oh yeah, true sine wave output if you care, the computer does not).

Here is a link to the specs:

http://www.tripplite.com/en/products...xtModelID=3649

Default Re: UPS advice please

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    A power strip is less than $5. Drink one less beer.
    In the indie band circles, I'm constantly bailing out guitar players that only brought one guitar cable that "crackles sometimes."

But yes, they're spending like drunken sailors at the bar.

4. Default Re: UPS advice please

I've use and have found several APC 1U rack mounts on eBay for less than $100.
    Can't remember the mod but I use the 110v 450 It runs every thing in my rack but the amps. SAC PC, 2 presonus, 2 ada8000, and wireless.
    I might add saved my *ss several times.
    SAC/SAW Host:
    BioStar P43 Intel Core 2 Duo E5700 3.0Ghz
    4 GB 1333Mz DDR3 RAM
    OCZ 120GB SATA III SSD for XP
    Seagate SATA-2TB HD for record drive
    RME-HDSPe RayDAT
    Buffers 2x64 about 24%
    3x) Behringer ADA8200
    1x) Behringer ADA8000
    1x) Behringer HA4700 Headphone Amp
    D-Link DIR-655 router
    SAC Remote:Monitor and/or FOH Mix
    Acer Aspire Intel 2Core 2.13Ghz 4GB DDR3 Win7
    Toshiba-Satellite AMD 1.5G 4GB OCZ SSD HD Win7
    Pictures and more info here.

Smile Re: UPS advice please

Remember, if you buy used, check the age of the batteries by looking at purchase or manufacturing date. Users usually don't find bad batteries until they need them. Most of these units will test the batteries under load to look for failed batteries but my experience is that very few people (not me ) run the diagnostics on a regular basis.

The cost (including shipping) to replace batteries in an old unit often makes it better to buy a new unit instead, for just a bit more money.

Default Re: UPS advice please

Well,

I bought mine as defektive, just replaced the two batteries (15 Euros each) and now have a real Industrie Grade 19" UPS for < 150 Euros.

Regular batterie replacement (I'd suggest a 3 years interval) would also be a good idea (as replacing the pc power supply on a fixed interval).

I've learned that a lot of unexspected behaviour of digital gear is cause by spikes or dips on the AC side, especial in 'rough' enviroments like in our business. A ups makes the whole system more reliable, even when there is no AC Blackout.

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)