Close

Thread: VST $*&^#

Default VST $*&^#

I have a session with about 5 hours of recorded material. Songs. Roughly 3 minutes each. I've spent a lot of time recording them into the session from various source materials, etc. Some of the source materials had to be returned, etc. This is for an evening of background music for a client event.
    I've used no plugins. No hidden plugs are in my template, etc.
    Here's my dilemma: I need to comp and EQ some of the elements, and put a Maximizer on the Output track. But, whenever I try to add any plugin, Saw gives me the can't find the plugin screen, and shuts down. One plugin tries to load, but only gives me the demo, not the full version. When I try any non-Saw plugin, I either get 'Trouble loading plugin' or the plug is not there screen. My VST plugins are where they always are, in the SawStudio folder.
    When I open a new template, everything is fine.
    For now, I've got all of my songs on one track. Front and back chopped. ready to place on tracks and mix. But, I don't want to continue and lose more time.
    Is there a way to export the track to a different .edl? I've tried Blending edl, and that edl gets screwed also.
    Any advice appreciated in advance.

Blog Entries

Default Re: VST $*&^#

Quote Originally Posted by Stashu View Post
    I have a session with about 5 hours of recorded material. Songs. Roughly 3 minutes each. I've spent a lot of time recording them into the session from various source materials, etc. Some of the source materials had to be returned, etc. This is for an evening of background music for a client event.
    I've used no plugins. No hidden plugs are in my template, etc.
    Here's my dilemma: I need to comp and EQ some of the elements, and put a Maximizer on the Output track. But, whenever I try to add any plugin, Saw gives me the can't find the plugin screen, and shuts down. One plugin tries to load, but only gives me the demo, not the full version. When I try any non-Saw plugin, I either get 'Trouble loading plugin' or the plug is not there screen. My VST plugins are where they always are, in the SawStudio folder.
    When I open a new template, everything is fine.
    For now, I've got all of my songs on one track. Front and back chopped. ready to place on tracks and mix. But, I don't want to continue and lose more time.
    Is there a way to export the track to a different .edl? I've tried Blending edl, and that edl gets screwed also.
    Any advice appreciated in advance.
    Did you install the VST's into the SAWStudio folder? If so you should install them into the Folder they want to install to, the Steinberg VST folder and then make .ini files for them and put them in the SS plugin folder.

Default Re: VST $*&^#

As to your question about exporting the track of songs...
    I might suggest trying Export Regions To Sounfile rather than, or before exporting the Track.

Easy way is to go to the Regions List, highlight them (or the ones you need) and then choose the Region export to soundfile menu item from the Regions menu above the MT (not a choice from the regions file view).

Then, you can open up a fresh session, create your new edl and using the Library view, browse to the location where you chose to store the exported regions... once the regions are displayed in the library, highlight them all and using Ctrl/Insert, import them all to whatever hot track you have highlighted (you should choose which track is the hot track first).

You may find the need to re-space them again, but at least it'd be a quick way to get them all into a fresh edl.