Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Ot- empty metal box w/ w in/out blanks

We play many different venues, and there are a handful of them where running a cat 5 cable or using a powerline adaptor isn't an option. In those scenarios I either use whatever house rig is available, or connect wirelessly with SAC. I have two cat6 to xlr adaptor cables that seem to work great the couple of times I've used them, but they are not robust. I like the adaptor box idea with ethercon connectors.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, this is not an are of expertise for me, but I was told that for this application it would be best to use xlr pins 2 and 3 for this. The ground may not carry the signal well in some house snake systems.

Well, ground is not used on RJ-45, it's just shield, so using ground (Pin 1) on XLR is not a good idea.
    And make sure that no transformers are present in the 'audio' chain.

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

For my remote, I'm using powerline 100mbit, very stable.

http://www.amazon.it/TL-PA211-KIT-Mu.../dp/B004D0ZRRE
    Host HP XW4600 workstation - WinXP - dual RME digi9652 - 5*ADA8000 // Remote Dell 9400

If your going to go down this road of using an XLR adapter for universal applications, then make sure you are the one always hooling up your stuff. A 'miss plug' into a phantom power mic line or a clearcom line and your PC network connection is t.o.a.s.t. In the case of a laptop or motherboard, it would ruin it. I once saw a lighting console turn into a cool dry ice looking fog machine because its 3pin dmx got connected to the comm line by accident.

-Eric