Close

Default The Devil's Christmas show

Just did a Christmas Show for a local church at a high school auditorium.
    50 person choir 50 piece band 7 piece praise band misc other performers both vocal and inst. New to the church music director (very young)
    The only information I had before the show was "choir ,band , singer and Pastor mic".
    Rehearsal well sort of just as the audience was coming in
    NO one could tell me how many musicians were in the bands I had to just keep adding mics as I saw people coming in with instruments right up till start time 6 monitor mixes and you can just imagine trying to set levels with musicians that have NO idea what they want
    And the best part after spending lots of time ringing out choir mics and monitors just as the show was starting they helped me out by putting up a choir shell ( just to help get a little more feedback)
    The only program I had just gave song order nothing about solo's or which band was going to play or when the choir was going to sing and not even an mc or anybody to introduce any of the show.
    Needless to say I was a little off when guessing what mics to make live and when 45+ years of mixing going down the toilet
    I think SAC was the only thing that worked correctly
    I have done many shows for this church in the past that all went very smooth so I will just have to let the new guy have some slack this time
    Did I mention he also sang some of the verses by mistake that were for the PAID soloist and forgot to play some solo parts At least he could not complain and was actually very happy he pulled of his first ever show.

Can't wait till next year
    Butch

Default Re: The Devil's Christmas show

Great job! This ballistic-style audio we do is always good for a couple ulcers...LOL...good job!
    DF

http://soundaddy.com

Intel DG965OT Motherboard (11/17/08) - Intel P4 LGA-775 651 (Cedar Mill) 3.4GHz CPU
    2.0GB 800Mhz RAM - 40GB Intel X25-V SSD - 500GB SATA "Spinner"

RME HDSP 9652 (x2 - 1 spare) - Behringer ADA8000 (x5 - 2 spares)
    CM MotorMix (x3 - Host system) - Behringer BCF-2000 (Remote system)

Default Re: The Devil's Christmas show

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Frank View Post
    Great job! This ballistic-style audio we do is always good for a couple ulcers...LOL...good job!
    Not great or even good just OK

Butch