Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feature request

Default Feature request

Bob,
    Would it be possible to insert a plugin from the window that lists all of the plugins by double clicking it, rather than selecting it, then clicking add? It seems like it would be a more intuitive (for me at least) way to do this. Thanks,
    Dave

Default Re: Feature request

The problem with doing it this way is where would you patch the plugin? To the pre-feder, post-fader, or final resolution insert? That's why you have to chose 'Add'. My vote would be for drag and drop functionality for effects - you drag them to whatever window you want.
    -Craig

excellent point. Maybe a setup more like other DAWs where each list is accessed from insert points on the channel strip?

I really like the way it is! That's all I have to say.

Setup an F-key for "effects adding" like I have, and it's smooth as silk imho.
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

Robert is correct... set up an F-Key for Fx Patching... its definitely the way to go...

My default F-Keys use F8 I belive as a concept for you... setup the FXChoices list, opened up pretty good so lots of plugs are visible... then the Pre Patch and Pst Patch windows... and maybe even the Final Res Window, although most don't use that...

Press the F-Key when you want to do Fx and all views you need are visible and present... you also gain a bonus, if any of the mixer views are visible, by clicking in a mixer view and rolling the wheel mouse you get to see all patched plugs roll by as the windows chase the mixer view.

Obviously, double-clicking from the Choices list is no good, because we have three possible destinations for the patch... unlike the old SAW programs.

Bob L

He!
    Dingo,
    it's not a future, it's now!
    I can use MacroToolWorks
    http://www.pitrinec.com/downloads.htm

and make makros of any kinds for SAW. (thanx to Steve for linking me)
    for instance, Ctrl+Shift+1 - for adding to pre-patch, Ctrl+Shift+2 - for pst-patch... there are some tips. but all works!
    George Oran'sky

Steve or Yura, can you explain this software and concept?

I really love using just my keyboard (no mouse).. so this would be wonderful. The less mouse, the happier I am.
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

Robert,

You are probably gonna have a heck of time trying to eliminate the mouse for moving around and navigating in SAWStudio... no matter what, it still is the fastest and most powerful way to access hundreds of different commands and positioning within a complex environment like a digital editor.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L
    Robert,

You are probably gonna have a heck of time trying to eliminate the mouse for moving around and navigating in SAWStudio... no matter what, it still is the fastest and most powerful way to access hundreds of different commands and positioning within a complex environment like a digital editor.

Bob L
    Ah but Bob, I am ever so much determined when my mind is set to something I am currently about to purchase a Wacom tablet for my hobby of digital painting... and it works very nicely as a more "comfortable" and advanced mouse as well. Ive bee researching alternative brands, but wacom are top notch and come with Painter 8

Look into it, it is a very neat thing to use for normally control of windows interfacing.

My aversion to mice is just to mice, I still love throwing cursors around the screen!
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

We have one of the large Wacom tablets here and Painter 8 which is awesome... but as a mouse replacement... don't care for it... you will find that you truly have to move the pen all the way to each location and corner and so forth to access menus and position commands... I find it to be more cumbersome than just giving in to a good wheel mouse and getting back to work.

Bob L