Close

Default Another year behind me.

After 2 days of rehearsals with an 8 piece group, 24chs, 4 monitor mixes then New Years with a 4 piece acoustic act, 2 major act changes using some old house mains (PSA-TOC) I never got the system over 15% load. Received nothing but compliments from very group member and attendees. Bugged out in under 1 hour.

Didn't tell anyone that the system was set at 128 X 2 buffers plus no one would have known what I was talking about anyway.

No big surprise....No one even noticed.

Thanks Bob and Happy New Year!

x41 for the 2 bcf2000's and a old Dell for the 3m. Now to take a break and fix it into a case.
    Last edited by HapHazzard; 01-01-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Default Re: Another year behind me.

Hap: I assume the X41 is running SAC Remote? So would I be correct in seeing that you would mix faders via SAC remote and you are controlling the host via ...what?

I've considered something like this myself , perhaps putting a BCR to control a Wide Mixer view but have struggled to get my head around how to keep the channels locked and synced. Ideally I'd like whatever channel I'm working on to be the same on the Host or on the remote. Is there any way to do that?
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

Default Re: Another year behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
    Hap: I assume the X41 is running SAC Remote? So would I be correct in seeing that you would mix faders via SAC remote and you are controlling the host via ...what?
    x41 (Remote 01) is remote and navigation for the BCF 16 faders (1-16 then mains,auxs,subs and the last 8 ch. With mains and auxs in left hand and solo performers in right.) The Dell and 3M (Remote 02) gives me a full across mixer view and access to the wide mixer channel, plus access to the remote controllable preamps from Aphex. Both going through a switch to the host on stage.
    I've considered something like this myself , perhaps putting a BCR to control a Wide Mixer view but have struggled to get my head around how to keep the channels locked and synced.
    Here's a link to the thread where I used a BCR with the 3M http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/...ad.php?t=16510

Had trouble the BCR staying hooked the Dell. Might have been the 3M conflict. I'll try it next with a standard 24" monitor.
    Ideally I'd like whatever channel I'm working on to be the same on the Host or on the remote. Is there any way to do that?
    Not sure what you are trying to achieve. I usually turn off the monitor at the host so on one will freak out! PS: I had on the first day a T61 with a BCR running as a monitor board. Worked out great.
    Last edited by HapHazzard; 01-01-2014 at 02:58 PM.