Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SAC Console Naming Question

One of my biggest personal challenges with SAC, specifically with regards to monitor consoles, is the name/label strip at the top. I like to set Monitor 1 as the master monitor, which is not patched to an output, and then patch the other monitor consoles post dynamics from the master. My monitor 1, which has the members name in the label, is actually monitor 2. This screws me up sometimes. Is there any way to delete the associated monitor number in the label and just have the output channel name/label at the top?

Default Re: SAC Console Naming Question

Quote Originally Posted by mojogil View Post
    One of my biggest personal challenges with SAC, specifically with regards to monitor consoles, is the name/label strip at the top. I like to set Monitor 1 as the master monitor, which is not patched to an output, and then patch the other monitor consoles post dynamics from the master. My monitor 1, which has the members name in the label, is actually monitor 2. This screws me up sometimes. Is there any way to delete the associated monitor number in the label and just have the output channel name/label at the top?
    +1

Butch

3. Default Re: SAC Console Naming Question

+1

No.

Bob L

Would it be difficult to make it so? Or make a "master" specific monitor?

Monitor 1 can be used as a master and you can tap the rest of the mixers from that, instead of FOH.

Hard to believe the numbers bother anyone... I actually like the number reference as well as a label for each one.

Makes it easy to reference if you use the keyboard for quick monitor mixer switching.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Monitor 1 can be used as a master and you can tap the rest of the mixers from that, instead of FOH.

Hard to believe the numbers bother anyone... I actually like the number reference as well as a label for each one.

Makes it easy to reference if you use the keyboard for quick monitor mixer switching.

Bob L
    Yes BUT then we have to remember mix 1 is actually 2 mix2 is 3 etc Not sure how it could be made any better so I will just have to never have a mix 1 and start all stage setups at mix2 mix3 etc

Butch

PS monitor view

8. Default Re: SAC Console Naming Question

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Bos View Post
    Yes BUT then we have to remember mix 1 is actually 2 mix2 is 3 etc Not sure how it could be made any better so I will just have to never have a mix 1 and start all stage setups at mix2 mix3 etc

Butch

PS monitor view
    you could use any of the mixers as a 'master',,,assign mon 24 as taps to foh mix, then tap mon 1/2/3 etc from 24

No... taps can only come from FOH and mixer 1.

I'm not sure what the confusion is with the mixer numbers... it is not something that should be a problem at all... especially if you label your mixers for each performer... who cares what number it is.

Bob L

10. Default Re: SAC Console Naming Question

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    No... taps can only come from FOH and mixer 1.

I'm not sure what the confusion is with the mixer numbers... it is not something that should be a problem at all... especially if you label your mixers for each performer... who cares what number it is.

Bob L
    sorry,,i am mistaken. feel free to delete that post to save confusion