Close

Default Windows 7 64 bit and SAC

I'm getting ready to do a OS upgrade.

I do have Win 7 32 bit for the host.
    So the questions are:

Can I use Win 7 64 bit machines for remotes (newer laptops).

Do I need to run then in XP mode.

Hap

Default Re: Windows 7 64 bit and SAC

Sac remote runs fine on 64 bit machines. Yes xp compatibility mode is advised.

Thanks
    Now on with the madness!

4. Default Re: Windows 7 64 bit and SAC

Just got a Dell M6400 C2D T9900 3.06, 8GB ram, 1GB NVidia, 5400 rpm drive, 17" 1920x1200, backlit keyboard, Win 7 Pro 64 SP1 for my SAC remote computer.

At the same time I am also running Winamp for playback music (with the trippy Milkdrop visual in a window) and Freestyler DMX to control lighting. Not in XP mode. This really makes the perfect remote.

The host is the same machine but with XP C2D T9550 2.66, 4GB ram, 512 NVidia, 7200 rpm drive.

The remote will be set up to be an emergency backup.
    Rich Pisani

SAC Host: Asus P7H55-M Pro MB, Intel I3 560, Corsair DDR3 1333MHz 4MB, Raydat 32 ch, Op Sys SSD Drive 40gb, Backup HD WD 1TB 7200 RPM , 750 watt ps, Behringer ADA8000 x4, Behringer BCF2000 x1, Acer 23" Touchscreen.

SAC: 2 x 64, 32 channels, eq, dyn on all channels, 7 monitor mixes. 42%

www.sixstringsclub.com SAC FOH & MON 6 nights a week. Open invitation to check SAC in action. Just ask for one of the "sound & light guys".

www.futuro-house.net For something completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by FuturoMan View Post
    The remote will be set up to be an emergency backup.
    That is a great idea.

on Win 7 x64, what does XP compatibility mode get you? I have been running without this since I set it up 2 years (or so) ago, with (I think) no issues...just wondering if there is a performance gain, etc...

It has helped with certain stability issues and possible display gitches... performance may improve slightly due to a little less background processing.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Hello,
    Quote Originally Posted by HapHazzard View Post
    Thanks Now on with the madness!
    I have unlimited toll-free calling anywhere in North America if I can be of any assistance.

I work on computers for a living and am getting comfortable with "7" as with "XP" - even though I still use XP - on all of my systems.

You have always been a great help to us here - and I would like to return the favour if I can be of any assistance. Can I say that I would be HAP-py to help you.