Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: Acoustic guitar players, please help...

Yeah the over driven sound is a bank of channels on the x32 going bad, you can hear it much worse here:

Distorted acoustic channel

This time I was using a pencil condenser on the acoustic and it's fairly obvious. I had reported it as an issue but it was intermittent but it eventually worsened to the point where other techs were hearing it as well in their mixes (they may have had electric guitars or something less obvious patched to these channels). It's supposed to have been fixed, but I haven't had an acoustic the last few times I've been there.

Default Re: Acoustic guitar players, please help...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hamm View Post

Yeah the over driven sound is a bank of channels on the x32 going bad, you can hear it much worse here:

Distorted acoustic channel
    Yep. Boy, that'll piss you off, eh? I imagine you didn't hear it too much live, but still... Hopefully they got that fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hamm View Post

This time I was using a pencil condenser on the acoustic and it's fairly obvious. I had reported it as an issue but it was intermittent but it eventually worsened to the point where other techs were hearing it as well in their mixes (they may have had electric guitars or something less obvious patched to these channels). It's supposed to have been fixed, but I haven't had an acoustic the last few times I've been there.
    Interesting music. I mixed a Western Music festival a few years back and got a wide variety of eclectic instruments. I mixed like 50 acts in 3 days. One act had cello, washtub bass and guitar. Forgive the tutorial in the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qcGa6zI2y8
    DF

http://soundaddy.com

Intel DG965OT Motherboard (11/17/08) - Intel P4 LGA-775 651 (Cedar Mill) 3.4GHz CPU
    2.0GB 800Mhz RAM - 40GB Intel X25-V SSD - 500GB SATA "Spinner"

RME HDSP 9652 (x2 - 1 spare) - Behringer ADA8000 (x5 - 2 spares)
    CM MotorMix (x3 - Host system) - Behringer BCF-2000 (Remote system)