Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: SAC 3.1 - MIDI Controller Templates

Quote Originally Posted by brettbrandon View Post
    I see where setups that don't change much or at all this works out great. Where it dosen't help much is where changes are being made on a regular basis and the channel labels are entered manually. Or in some of my cases, where the different monitor mixes are in different orders (each musicians preference). Any surface or app that does not use the channel "label" data, has no clue what is currently on the faders when you change mixs...

Brett
    Good points. Your usage is very different than mine.

The way templates work in SAC just doesn't gel all that well with the ipad stuff you are doing I guess. Probably best to stick with Mackie emulation for that stuff, as you probably don't need more than 8 channels at a time on those types of devices.

For me we are never changing channel orders during a show. We use Group Latch outputs that get reassigned via scenes. And I get a tech week to rehearse.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

brettbrandon Guest

Default Re: SAC 3.1 - MIDI Controller Templates

The app that I have been using with SAC (MIDI Studio Pro) uses the Mackie template (banks of 8 faders) and even gives me access to EQ, DYN, ect. I was hoping to maybe go back to midi designer to where I can have up to 24 faders (or more) on the screen at one time and have seperate pages for Aux, Sub Out, AutoHotkey, ect. I'm down to about a third to one quarter of my gigs are on SAC and the replacement systems all have iThingy apps so it's not such a big deal anymore. Where is that dead horse icon when you need it...

Brett