Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Eleven Rack Standalone Editor is here!

Avid finally made a Standalone Editor for the Eleven Rack and it's free!

Everything is right here, read first.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Eleven Rack Standalone Editor is here!

Is no one using the Eleven Rack? It's a rather great Guitar/Bass Amp sim/Effect unit and to boot it is a great Hardware Device and it works with SawStudio Great! I love mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    Is no one using the Eleven Rack? It's a rather great Guitar/Bass Amp sim/Effect unit and to boot it is a great Hardware Device and it works with SawStudio Great! I love mine!
    Maybe I'm a freak, but I have not yet heard any guitar modeling that I like, including the Eleven Rack. The DI sounds like a DI, and the modeling sounds like modeling. Sorry. Maybe it's the old-school thing. Maybe the kids these days have grown fond of the 'new sound'. Not me.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Maybe I'm a freak, but I have not yet heard any guitar modeling that I like, including the Eleven Rack. The DI sounds like a DI, and the modeling sounds like modeling. Sorry. Maybe it's the old-school thing. Maybe the kids these days have grown fond of the 'new sound'. Not me.
    I am going to have to find a blind amp/sim test done a while ago and the judges were all old school engineers. In the end it was a wash. Even more average listeners have no clue if it's real or not. So in the end it's just personal preference in the beginning but in the end it really just comes down to the playing

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    I am going to have to find a blind amp/sim test done a while ago and the judges were all old school engineers. In the end it was a wash. Even more average listeners have no clue if it's real or not. So in the end it's just personal preference in the beginning but in the end it really just comes down to the playing
    Are you saying you think anyone who thinks this guitar amp modeling stuff doesn't sound as good really couldn't tell the difference in blind testing? I don't think so. I'd be interested to see such studies if you can find them.

I will say that some of the more extreme settings with lots of effects might slip by me, but the simple stuff (straight on distortion, which is my preference) always sounds anemic to me. In fact, you'll notice that most all the demos involve lots of distractions -- lots of effects, extreme settings, fast playing. It's hard to come by a straight-ahead, simple overdrive sound played simply in a demo clip.
    Becket, Massachusetts

I thought these were pretty good, especially for live use.

Pretty much what your asking for, guitar not overplayed or hidden with two many effects

http://www.overloud2.com/media/commo...Dimi_Scary.mp3
    http://www.overloud2.com/media/common/TH2/Dimi_T2.mp3
    http://www.overloud2.com/media/common/nalbantov/Amp.mp3
    http://www.overloud2.com/media/commo...HiGainwav0.wav
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Blog Entries

A blast from the past here.

Just want to know now after some time is anyone using the AVID Eleven Rack in SS, I do and it works great. You will need Win 7 64bit to run the free software editor.

Blog Entries

Dave,

A bit off-topic, but Dave, have a listen: Jerry Stevenson LIVE at Musikmesse 2012

PS: I must say, that Mike Scuffham has a done a wonderful job with the piece of software.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Dave,

A bit off-topic, but Dave, have a listen: Jerry Stevenson LIVE at Musikmesse 2012

PS: I must say, that Mike Scuffham has a done a wonderful job with the piece of software.
    Well,

Well, that was a quick two years.

I couldn't hear the guitar sound very well. Sounds like heavy limiting in the video recording device. I can hear the potential, though.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Dave,
    I can hear the potential, though.
    ...I use an Art Tube MP as a "pre-amp" - with a 12AX7 in there.

I used a Mesa Boogie Mark III for many, many years - and, using a "speaker on the floor" as where the Boogie would have been, I am getting excellent results. "Feels like the real thing"!