Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Eleven Rack Standalone Editor is here!

A blast from the past here.

Just want to know now after some time is anyone using the AVID Eleven Rack in SS, I do and it works great. You will need Win 7 64bit to run the free software editor.

Blog Entries

Dave,

A bit off-topic, but Dave, have a listen: Jerry Stevenson LIVE at Musikmesse 2012

PS: I must say, that Mike Scuffham has a done a wonderful job with the piece of software.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Dave,

A bit off-topic, but Dave, have a listen: Jerry Stevenson LIVE at Musikmesse 2012

PS: I must say, that Mike Scuffham has a done a wonderful job with the piece of software.
    Well,

Well, that was a quick two years.

I couldn't hear the guitar sound very well. Sounds like heavy limiting in the video recording device. I can hear the potential, though.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Dave,
    I can hear the potential, though.
    ...I use an Art Tube MP as a "pre-amp" - with a 12AX7 in there.

I used a Mesa Boogie Mark III for many, many years - and, using a "speaker on the floor" as where the Boogie would have been, I am getting excellent results. "Feels like the real thing"!

Blog Entries

Just know this thread was started to let people know the Eleven Rack works great in SawStudio that is it. With that said some how it turned into a kinda debate about how good sims sound compared to the real thing.

The truth here is this...Sims and real amps are great and you can write and record with both and the general public who the music is made for will never know or care what sim or amp was used they will only care about
    the music. Rock on!

Blog Entries

Microstudio,
    Just know this thread was started to let people know the Eleven Rack works great in SawStudio that is it.
    ...Just so you know, I sincerely do agree with you on this one. It would be nice to do what we can do to prevent posts "for going south".

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    ...using a "speaker on the floor" as where the Boogie would have been, I am getting excellent results. "Feels like the real thing"!

That's the idea. What are you using for the speaker? A studio monitor of some kind? Or a P.A. speaker?
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    Just know this thread was started to let people know the Eleven Rack works great in SawStudio that is it. With that said some how it turned into a kinda debate about how good sims sound compared to the real thing.

The truth here is this...Sims and real amps are great and you can write and record with both and the general public who the music is made for will never know or care what sim or amp was used they will only care about
    the music. Rock on!
    But so long as the guitar player "isn't feelin' it," the performance may lose some mojo. Not to mention all those who do hear a difference in the recording.

>>...the general public who the music is made for will never know or care...<<

Thank God great records of the past weren't made with this mindset.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    But so long as the guitar player "isn't feelin' it," the performance may lose some mojo. Not to mention all those who do hear a difference in the recording.

+1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post

Well the truth is the general public does not know or care and I am sure you love some music and have no clue how they got the sound. in the end it is not so much the equipment it is all about what the musician does with the equipment they have

The Eleven Rack works great in SawStudio. It has the True-Z input which automatically adjusts to the impedance of the instrument you are using which really makes a huge difference when you play, you feel it.