Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Help- slipping buffers

Well, the issue sound much like a 'energy - saving' issue. Make sure that all energy - saving settings are disabled, including 'Speed step' and other 'optimations' in the bios.
    For me changing the 'PCI Latency' setting to a higer value helped a lot.

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

I found that the windows malware stuff was still installed, so I uninstalled it as well as a couple of other things. I turned off some things in bios like modem and Bluetooth. It's testing out at 50% load with zero slipped buffers for three hours now. I'll let it go overnight. I haven't turned off speed step yet. The message in bios said that if you turn it off the processor will run at its lowest speed. Is that not the case?

So, I tried disabling speed step in bios. Definitely a bad idea for this machine. It rendered sac useless with a buttload of slipped buffers within seconds.

4. Default Re: Help- slipping buffers

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
    What was the setting? I think knowing that would be a huge step for others of us who might experience similar problems. I'm sure at least a few of us would appreciate know more about it.
    Upon further review, I'm using the ASUS EFI BIOS Utility version 2.00.1201.
    In Advanced Mode, go to Advanced>CPU Configuration and disable the CPU C1E, CPU C3 Report and CPU C6 Report.
    I found that those seemed to be polling the CPU consistently, making the CPU percentage jump at regular intervals.