Close

Thread: Icon Qcon Pro

1. Default Icon Qcon Pro

Hello,
    is here anybody, who use this DAW controller with SAC?
    http://www.icon-global.com/Controlle...s_Qcon+Pro.htm
    I think about this controller plus two EX units
    http://www.icon-global.com/Controlle...rs_Qcon+EX.htm
    to achieve 24channel controller on Mackie Control mode.

It will be much more cheaper than Mackie Control original.
    Have any experiences with it?
    Thanks.

Default Re: Icon Qcon Pro

Mackie control is limited to 8 channels in SAC. You could use it with one of the general midi templates, but it wouldn't have any display.

OTOH... at the price of these things, it could quickly become a new favorite (especially the EX model) if it were supported directly. Probably not a near-term goal, though.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

3. Default Re: Icon Qcon Pro

Is Mackie Control mode limited to 8 channels with Mackie Control Universal Pro too? Why? Is it problem of MC protocol or implementation MC mode in SAC? What's problem with make Midi Control template for 24ch Mackie Control?

It's a SAC limitation. I do use the Icon G-Board for scene changes using Brett's AHK utility.
    -Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Allen View Post
    It's a SAC limitation.
    Specifically, SAC only supports a single MIDI device. MC requires a device for each surface.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

6. Default Re: Icon Qcon Pro

OK. Thank you for answer

If you want 24 channels of control surface, you have several options. Any control surface with MIDI "Learn" functions can use the general midi templates, of which there are several. There is a custom template for the Behringer BCF product, which seems to work pretty well, if you're OK with Behringer. Neither option will give you scribble strips.

The new templates in 3.1 now make a 24 channel Motormix template workable, and Motormix offers scribble strips. You'll have to get them on eBay used, but the OEM offers an inexpensive refurbishment which includes the custom ROM chip that they need. Expect to spend $350-$500 per unit to acquire and refurbish.

BE your sound.

8. Default Re: Icon Qcon Pro

I've got an Icon Qcon Pro + Qcon Ex in my studio, not working with SAC. I don't know about compatibility and configuration with it, but... what can I say... the product has a very low quality standard, buttons are poor and very imprecise, and faders feels so cheap tools... china strikes back!
    I've got it until last summer and fader n°6 start to go crazy.
    I think new Behringer X touch have more accurated mechanical parts...
    Icon Qcon it's a not-reccomended purchase
    Enrico Zattoni
    Studio Manager & Sound Designer
    www.arcangelorecording.it