Close

Default Just can't seem to get panning in this version

Help! Can someone give me the goods? Just want a simple pan from left to right...

Default Re: Just can't seem to get panning in this version

turn automation mode on, press play, make your pan as the song plays, turn automation mode off.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

Or, use the Automation View mode (V-Key or right-clcik A button) to select pan or any type of control and then you can write in automation for that control type live or offline.

Bob L

Thanks for that - it's what I've been doing. Presets and shortcuts streamline my studio time, a necessary evil when producing commercials all day long.

Thanks Bob - I'll give it a shot

You can also mark and save the pan automation in the Automation Gallery as a preset and simply use it over and over when you want.

Bob L

Thumbs up Re: Just can't seem to get panning in this version

Works great - thanks!

Darah,

What I like to do is establish the beginning in automation mode and then go where I want the pan to finish and mark that. Move the cursor back to the point where I want to start and hit the "f" button to fade to the end. As Bob said, if there are other automations in the track use the "v" to choose only the pan. Also, a lot of times it like to mark sections of the fade (level, pan or whatever you like) and adjust the end of the marked area with the alt key to make them a bit faster or slower.

I especially like this at the end of a fade when I want it slow at the beginning and faster at the end to a completely fade less abruptly.
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio