Close

Default ADA8200 back panel question

So for those of you that may have already purchased one of the new ADA8200, it appears from the pictures I have been able to find that there is enough room above the ADAT sync switch to mount a DB25 connector.

The connector overall width is 52.65mm or 2.073 inches and the height is 12.17mm or .479 inches.

If I'm not mistaken this would make it really easy to add a rear mounted DB25 connector that could be wired to the front XLRs providing a rear access tascam compatible interface.

If there is currently somebody that has one of these units that wouldn't mind confirming my observations I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by cgrafx; 02-16-2014 at 01:35 AM.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

2. Default Re: ADA8200 back panel question

It's probably doable, but is it work the effort and voiding your warranty?

Personally, I'd spend time/effort building an XLR <> DB25 panel so that you can hook it up to any device and if you need to replace an ADA, you won't have to modify it before it can be used.

Default Re: ADA8200 back panel question

Quote Originally Posted by PhaseShifter View Post
    It's probably doable, but is it work the effort and voiding your warranty?

Personally, I'd spend time/effort building an XLR <> DB25 panel so that you can hook it up to any device and if you need to replace an ADA, you won't have to modify it before it can be used.

its a $200 device so I don't really care about voiding the warranty.

The intent is to add multi-pin snake connects to my setup. (not db25s to snakes, just access to the back of the ADA8200s.)

If I have a rear connector available, I don't lose the front panel XLR jacks and can plug stuff into either. If I don't need my snakes, like when we are using the system for in ears and I have to take a split from another sound company, I can just plug into the front.

When use the whole system I'd use our snakes attached with multi-pins.

This would save me from needing to disconnect anything from the rack and help make setup much faster.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.