Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Dante Compatibility

Yeah, most people do not need the networking benefits of Dante, use it to replace the snake/splitter and would really make it alright with MADI instead. AVB is another option. Apple supports AVB in Mavericks. Consumer electronics will be AVB compliant. Dante and AVB will play nice. AVB will be the thing that make the whole world grab a Coke and sing song. Windows will be along shortly. I suspect this next year at InfoComm they will be actually demonstrating something along those lines.

Host HP XW4600 workstation - WinXP - dual RME digi9652 - 5*ADA8000 // Remote Dell 9400

Well you beat me to it....

I'm frankly with John on this. AVB has be "coming soon" now for so damn long, it's fallen into the category of I'll believe it when I see it.... just like something else.

Which is a shame because I have a few friends who have spent a lot of time trying to get AVB into the market.

And then there is all the video aspects of AVB, which from what I can tell is moving even slower than the audio side. Of course the Video folks just love to keep upping their bandwidth requirements which makes it even more interesting. 4K anyone?
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Quote Originally Posted by RBIngraham View Post
    Of course the Video folks just love to keep upping their bandwidth requirements which makes it even more interesting. 4K anyone?
    Tell me about it...I have to upgrade a multimillion dollar HD streaming video network at work to accommodate the computer operators who are no longer satisfied with 1080p or WUXGA. It's very difficult finding a 4K video solution that doesn't require point to point routing and 1:1 in/out switcher ratios like Crestron Digital Media or HDbaseT...which would mean replacing my whole cable plant. I've become quite accustomed to network streaming our video and don't want to go back to the dark ages.

Best I can come up with so far is a 1080p network that can ingest/scale 2K/4K inputs, but that still means replacing everything as my current system manufacturer doesn't make any 4K downconverters. I asked about AVB, but Cisco (our standard) isn't doing anything yet (although they are on "the team").

Jeff

7th Voice FOH/Mon/Sys Tech
    www.7thVoice.net
    www.reverbnation.com/7thvoice

SAC Installation:
    Dell Optiplex 990, Intel i5/4GB RAM
    3xMOTU 2408, PCI-424x card, 6x ART TubeOpto8, 2x Motormix

SAC Portable Rig:
    IBM ThinkCentre M50 3.2GHz/4GB RAM
    2x MOTU 2408/PCI-424x card, 2x ART TubeOpto8, 2x M-Audio Profire 2626
    Yamaha Promix01 controller, EWI Tourcase
    CUDJ-P-22.

I really need to distribute real time raw 4k video at 120fps. It's necessary

6. Default Re: Dante Compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by Mattseymour View Post
    I really need to distribute real time raw 4k video at 120fps. It's necessary
    It will make my content much better.