Close

1. Default Remote control with iPad

Hello,

i'm looking for a app to remote control SAC with an iPad. I read something here about the apps Midi Designer and DAW Remote, which got there own template for SAC.

Greets
    Finn

brettbrandon Guest

Default Re: Remote control with iPad

I was using MIDI Studio Pro.
    None of the apps have a sac template.
    The default template in MIDI Studio Pro used with the Mackie template in sac give you control of the standard vol, mute, solo, select, but also allows access to the eq, dyn, ect... The channel labels only support 6 characters and you will get level meters if you are attached to the host.

3. Default Re: Remote control with iPad

I mean something like this:

or this:
    Last edited by WTFinn; 09-21-2014 at 08:32 AM.

4. Default Re: Remote control with iPad

Considering that those appear to be Brett's screen shots of exactly what he was describing, I suggest you reread his post.

I'll be honest.... I don't think it's worth trying. There are ways to get a measure of control but I found it far too limited. Until sac gets a touch view, something Bob has said he's working on, I don't consider tablet control to be realistic. Then it still won't work on ipad you'll need to use an x86 windows tablet, but these are available pretty cheap.

I don't think sac will ever see good ipad control. This is a bit frustrating, but it is what it is.

brettbrandon Guest

The above screenshots are indeed from me.

The top one (MIDI Studio Pro) is what I ended up using. It also utilized a Autohotkey Script to be able to access alot of the sac parameters listed on the buttons. I re-did the graphics to make my own "shade".

This is what the app actually looks like.

The second one (DAW Remote HD) did not have enough reprogramming available for the buttons to have them do what I needed.
    It does make a great remote for some DAW's especially PT.
    Last edited by brettbrandon; 09-22-2014 at 06:39 AM.

7. Default Re: Remote control with iPad

Thanks brettbrandon for explaining these two Apps.

Is the Autohotkey Script insert in SAC?

brettbrandon Guest

Autohotkey is a separate program.
    I used it to access parts of sac via midi.

RtpMIDI is a Mac to PC midi driver that allows PC to Mac communication.

You can use MIDI Studio Pro without the Autohotkey script and still access the volumes, solo, mute, EQ, Dyn, ect...

Actually RTP MIDI is a protocol for transmission of MIDI data over a standard computer Ethernet network. It is built into OS X on the Mac, but not built in for Windows. So you need a driver for it to work on the PC and that is what you're downloading, installing and setting up there.

Once installed it can send and receive data to other PCs or Macs and between Macs as well.

There are a very tiny amount of devices that actually support that protocol as well. Like the KISS boxes, so you can add MIDI I/O drops anywhere on your computer network.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

brettbrandon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RBIngraham View Post
    Actually RTP MIDI is a protocol for transmission of MIDI data over a standard computer Ethernet network. It is built into OS X on the Mac, but not built in for Windows. So you need a driver for it to work on the PC and that is what you're downloading, installing and setting up there.

Once installed it can send and receive data to other PCs or Macs and between Macs as well.

There are a very tiny amount of devices that actually support that protocol as well. Like the KISS boxes, so you can add MIDI I/O drops anywhere on your computer network.
    Yea, what he said....