Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
I'm going to experiment with routing the Levelizer's compressor key signal through a limiter, or a mix of raw and limited key. This might achieve mostly similar effect to pre-compressor peak limit? In this capacity, a simple limiter would probably work just as well as levelizer's. You can get a different kind of fattening of a track than simple compression. It is a little tedious tweaking all the parameters with multiple plugins that interact so much but at least you can evaluate if it is something worth asking for.
After reading the whole thread, I thought of sending the tracks to two outputs at the same time. 0-1 would end up being the mix down with a levelizer set to compress using A as the key listen [peak limit set if necessary]. 0-2 would have a levelizer on both the pre & post FX positions. It would be assigned to out 2 going nowhere. On O-2 the pre levelizer would be a peak limit, the post levelizer would be set to compress with a slower attack & send set to A.

I tried this with SAWStudioLite & the results were good. I used a rock track, with lots of transients. With a small amount of compression & the transients getting through. It was a different and better sound.

Ned