Close

Default Pleasant experience last night

Had my other hat on last night (helping my wife Jenny with a harp gig at a Colleyville TX wedding). Visited reception hall where the band was setting up. Looked at the stage side rack with 4 ADA2000 then saw familer SAC screen on note book computer. It was Dave Barrow up from Austin doing sound for band. We had a great conversation before I had to go back to work. Visit www.TexasHarp.com to see what Jenny does
    David www.DavidGlassSoundServices.com
    SAC/SAW System: I3 cpu, Intel SSD for Software & WD3200 300gb for Data, RME HDSP9652, 3 ADA8000, optical drive, dual 20" displays, AmpedWireless HiPwr router, Shure wireless talkback mic, SAC, SAWlite, Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, Levelizer, WaveLab, WinAmp.
    Remote: Lenovo 16" notebook, 20" 2nd display, BCF 8 channel Fader pack.

Default Re: Pleasant experience last night

Thanks. It was a pleasure meeting you, as well. I didn't see if you had stayed around for our show, but we did have some problems there. Not with SAC, but with the electricity in the building. From the Furman voltage meter in our SAC rack (on a different circuit than the powered speakers) I noticed the voltage was swinging wildly around from 115 or so all the way down to just above 90. This caused some of our JBL powered speakers to shut off and then come back on again as the power got back above whatever the JBL boxes "liked". No one in the crowd seemed to notice, but it was quite aggravating. I have noticed more and more that some venues have wacky power problems like this. We always forward our ride, which includes power requirements, stage size, etc. This place had ignored that and had also given us a stage too small for our lighting truss setup. We had to remove pieces to get it to fit and it still hung off the edge of the stage on both sides. At least we had the "funeral home" color scheme to comfort us during the event.

Default Re: Pleasant experience last night

Interesting. Jenny played a Fri evening wedding saying they had trouble keeping chapel LED lights. Also sure your band was most complex to date. Am sure they put up all the riser they own.
    David www.DavidGlassSoundServices.com
    SAC/SAW System: I3 cpu, Intel SSD for Software & WD3200 300gb for Data, RME HDSP9652, 3 ADA8000, optical drive, dual 20" displays, AmpedWireless HiPwr router, Shure wireless talkback mic, SAC, SAWlite, Reverb, Frequency Analyzer, Levelizer, WaveLab, WinAmp.
    Remote: Lenovo 16" notebook, 20" 2nd display, BCF 8 channel Fader pack.