Close

Default News and Views on In Ear Wired Personal Boxes

What is in use for in ear wired boxes? As I recall the Rolls boxes have been mentioned in the past. Is there anything better or cheaper that I should look into?

Default Re: News and Views on In Ear Wired Personal Boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Wink0r View Post
    What is in use for in ear wired boxes? As I recall the Rolls boxes have been mentioned in the past. Is there anything better or cheaper that I should look into?
    Rolls PM351 still the most versatile. I use it for groups that are just starting with IE or for full analog gigs (sit ins). It has a ME, MINE and THEM knobs on it.

3. Default Re: News and Views on In Ear Wired Personal Boxes

I don't post much, but when I do...

OK, just kidding.

I found a pretty nice headphone amp through Elite Core Audio. They have a nice, fairly rugged headphone amp with Mono/Stereo switch two XLR/TRS combo inputs, Volume and Pan controls and can operate on 9-volt battery or wall wart included. I got that headphone amp plus a pair of "usable" if not optimum earphones in a package for just under $100 new. There are some different packages of goodies from Elite Core and when I had a unit DOA, they sent me another one with no questions asked.

The Rolls piece is decent enough, but the Elite Core box is a bit more rugged, better connectoers (IMHO - XLR/TRS combo vs single stereo TRS). BUT no personal mic input if that is needed.

Just my experience with headphone amps.

J

Default Re: News and Views on In Ear Wired Personal Boxes

The Rolls units work great for me
    They have a new one with built in limiter and can run on battery or ac
    Clean and can get loud

Butch