Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Network-remote problem

Hy Guys,

i have big problem. If i REMOTE mode deactivate, host machine automatically deactivate HOST/MASTER mode. Just after SAC software restart can i activate HOST/MASTER mode...I have already reinstalled SAC and SACRemote and problem is same.
    Does anyone have suggestion?

thanks,
    Balint

Default Re: Network-remote problem

Hi,

simplest solution is to run a remote on the host with no rights. This will Keep your Network open all the time.
    Otherwise the network might stop working under some circumstances (especial if there are other Tasks performing network Access on the host)

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

What version are you running?
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

That's weird. In 4 years running SAC over 10 plus machines, I've never experienced that. Are you running current versions of everything?

Quote Originally Posted by mojogil View Post
    That's weird. In 4 years running SAC over 10 plus machines, I've never experienced that. Are you running current versions of everything?

That's why I asked about version... This used to be a problem in older releases, one of which made it into the file sharing circle. Occasionally a question like this pops up and we usually find out they're running 2.5 or so and can't upgrade for various reasons.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

This is dedicated wired network and router, just for sac...i use 3.1...off firewall, off security center...win7...i have no idea...until now it was good...
    Last edited by virtualmixingconsole; 12-07-2014 at 10:51 AM.

You've been lucky!

Although usually if you're patient and wait a few seconds the network will time out and you're regain control of the SAC host.

Most of the time I've run into this, it involved multiple remotes during technical rehearsals.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

8. Default Re: Network-remote problem

Quote Originally Posted by virtualmixingconsole View Post
    This is dedicated wired network and router, just for sac...i use 3.1...off firewall, off security center...win7...i have no idea...until now it was good...
    Did you do any recent Windows updates?

Quote Originally Posted by RBIngraham View Post
    You've been lucky! .
    Maybe its because I rarely use wireless. I'm on a cat5 cable or use powerline adapters. I have had my remote freeze up to the point where I have no control, and can't even disengage the remote. I've also had the whole system freeze, total show stopper. Never the issue that the OP had though. I haven't had any issues of this nature since updating to 3.1.

Maybe its because I rarely use wireless. I'm on a cat5 cable or use powerline adapters. I have had my remote freeze up to the point where I have no control, and can't even disengage the remote. I've also had the whole system freeze, total show stopper. Never the issue that the OP had though. I haven't had any issues of this nature since updating to 3.1.
    I almost never have used wireless connections and I still had issues over the years. I don't remember which versions have caused me issues and which have not. A lot of my issues I suspect were also caused by bugs with control surface support. Probably something wehre I move a control on my designer's remote right as my board op would recall a scene and move his control surface or something like that. It almost always happened during technical rehearsals, but the result was always the same... loss of control at both remote and host for a little while. And in rare cases we would have to shut down SAC to get it back and working. Occasionally the host would just crash.

It was never something that was easilly repeatable so I couldn't really file a bug report. We've been at version 3.1 for quite some time now. I supect I've had the issue even with the latest version of SAC. At best it might have been SAC 3.0 the last time it occurred to me.

I agree I never ran into the specific issue the OP seems to be describing. But it does sound awfully familiar.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/