Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default IK Multimedia to demonstrate Android app...

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=5235

IK Multimedia is claiming 2ms Round trip latency for Android devices. Debuting at NAMM 2015 in a few weeks...

Would this allow for a SAW / Android mobile recording app?
    Last edited by Jeff Scott; 01-07-2015 at 07:34 AM.
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

Default Re: IK Multimedia to demonstrate Android app...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
    http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=5235

IK Multimedia is claiming 2ms Round trip latency for Android devices. Debuting at NAMM 2015 in a few weeks...

Would this allow for a SAW / Android mobile recording app?
    No, SAW doesn't run on Android.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

I realize that....however....perhaps this might open the way for future development of an Android App?
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's

Would you really want to mix and edit on a 7 inch screen
    Your eyes must be way better than mine

Butch

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
    I realize that....however....perhaps this might open the way for future development of an Android App?
    I'm pretty sure that at the present time no android device has the necessary horse-power needed to make this effective and it would require a complete re-writing of the existing code.

I'm pretty sure the IK multi-media solution is an external box, with most of the real work being done outside the Android device.

This is also how most if not all of the iPad solutions work as well. The iPad is nothing more than a fancy controller and does not process any of the audio.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    I'm pretty sure that at the present time no android device has the necessary horse-power needed to make this effective and it would require a complete re-writing of the existing code.

I'm pretty sure the IK multi-media solution is an external box, with most of the real work being done outside the Android device.

This is also how most if not all of the iPad solutions work as well. The iPad is nothing more than a fancy controller and does not process any of the audio.
    But if you're lucky, you can use the iPad's internal mic and ADC.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

I'm not an Apple guy....No Mac/ iPhone/iPad/ or iPod...

Despite their flaws...I like the workflow of Windows and Android environments.

I think what I like most about this is that the title states zero latency (obvious nonsense), the first paragraph brings that down to "near zero latency" and then near the end of the article is states about 2ms round trip, which is obviously about average for many digital audio hardware devices these days.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post

That's an interesting statement. Care to elaborate?

While I'm sure the external box handles all the audio conversion, that is pretty typical of audio devices on every platform which has pro and MI level audio interfaces available.

I suspect the iPad or other tablet CPUs are doing plenty of the work and certainly all the I/O and storage handling is being done by the native device and OS. Lets not forget that the CPU power in a typical tablet these days is the same as the screaming desktop CPU from not all that long ago.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Quote Originally Posted by RBIngraham View Post
    That's an interesting statement. Care to elaborate?

While I'm sure the external box handles all the audio conversion, that is pretty typical of audio devices on every platform which has pro and MI level audio interfaces available.

I suspect the iPad or other tablet CPUs are doing plenty of the work and certainly all the I/O and storage handling is being done by the native device and OS. Lets not forget that the CPU power in a typical tablet these days is the same as the screaming desktop CPU from not all that long ago.
    Think retro build...
    -Craig