Close

Default Desktop Composition - Win 10 Tweaks

Windows Tweaks says:
    "Desktop Composition is the option that allows Win 7 to display the fancy Aero theme and various transparency options of windows gadgets. This can slow screen redraws drastically and affect your ability to hold low latency performance without slipped buffers during F-key and Mixer changing screen redraws"

It seems there is no option to disable this in Windows 10.
    1. So, what is the workaround for Windows 10?
    2. Is this tweak even relevant for Windows 10?

Also, is there a Windows 10 Tweaks update available for SawStudio users?
    Last edited by Carl G.; 09-14-2015 at 12:12 AM. Reason: clarification
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Default Re: Desktop Composition - Win 10 Tweaks

The closest tweaks for Win 10 is the Win 8 guides.

By setting the XP compatibility on the desktop icon or exe file for the main program, the desktop composition and border padding tweaks are automatically handled in Win 10.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post

By setting the XP compatibility on the desktop icon or exe file for the main program, the desktop composition and border padding tweaks are automatically handled in Win 10.

Bob L
    FWIW -- in Win10 I can't seem to find any compatibility settings for the shortcut, but only for the EXE file itself.

I did an upgrade from Windows 7, and the only issue I'm having is that the MT playback cursor disappears when dragging to the right in the MT and while dragging right or left in SF view. Haven't tried to apply the Windows 8 tips, yet, though, so...
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Dave,

In Win 10... right-click the desktop icon shortcut for the program... select properties... select the compatibility tab.

Bob L

Dave,

In Win 10... right-click the desktop icon shortcut for the program... select properties... select the compatibility tab.

Bob L
    Ah... I see that I had my SAW shortcut running a task in Task Scheduler (and so no compatibility tab on the shortcut properties display). It had been an attempt (I read it on the Internet, so it has to be true) to get around the UAC prompts. Didn't work, but then I forgot that I'd set that up. I've now undone all that. And, yes, my UAC "fader" has been dropped to -inf for a while, now.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Bob L
    Thanks, Bob.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com