Close

Default Waves CLA Plugins...current issues?

I see that Waves has a sale on a number of plugins.....one of which is the CLA Vocal plugin. Is anyone using this? Looking thru the forum archives I see a number of issues with various versions of Waves plugins but there seem to be work arounds for them.

Anyone care to comment on the Current state of Waves use with SAC or SAW..and any installation procedures etc.
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

Default Re: Waves CLA Plugins...current issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
    I see that Waves has a sale on a number of plugins.....one of which is the CLA Vocal plugin. Is anyone using this? Looking thru the forum archives I see a number of issues with various versions of Waves plugins but there seem to be work arounds for them.

Anyone care to comment on the Current state of Waves use with SAC or SAW..and any installation procedures etc.
    I recently picked up the CLA compressor bundle (Waves 9) and although I haven't used them yet, they do load in SAW. I have both Waves 8 and 9 plug-ins on the same machine without issues. You need to use the waveshell plug-in extractor utility as usual. Thw Waveshell and plug-in dll's should be in the SAW VST folder.

I tried CLA-2A, CLA-3A, and CLA-76 Classic Compressors: not only do they work perfectly with SAWStudio but they sound great !

I use the SSL bundle, Chris Lord Algae Bundle and the Puig Tec EQs. All work great in Sawstudio

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Callaway View Post
    ...Chris Lord Algae Bundle...
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

6. Default Re: Waves CLA Plugins...current issues?

I have the CLA signature series. I am using Version 9 and was using version 8 before. At one point, I had both versions on the same computer. Once I figured out how to use the shellvst plugin, I never had an issue working with CLA signature plugins, including the vocal package. It's actually a pretty cool plugin to reference ideas off of the presets.

I am using the Waves Horizon package version 8 and 9 on with both Sawstudio and SAC. Just ran a SAC session with 36 Waves plugins running with 32 tracks of audio playing from sawstudio with no buffer slips. sounds pretty awesome.
    In SAC my cpu utilization is only about 54%. Of course this machine is a 6.4 GHz dual core Athalon 64 bit cpu.

I have both the Iloc and the USB hardware key running at the same time.
    I am planning to run a live show with SAC and these plugins and also record every input simultaneously.

My version of SAC is 3.1 and Sawstudio is 5.3

Note some plugins will not run in SAC due the latency of the plugin. They all run in Sawstudio. The DBX160 plugin only runs in Sawstudio.

Bob has done an awesome job with both of these packages.

greg

Quote Originally Posted by gregangst View Post
    Of course this machine is a 6.4 GHz dual core Athalon 64 bit cpu.
    Wow, that's quite the machine!

Quote Originally Posted by mojogil View Post
    Wow, that's quite the machine!
    I think that was a typo. I don't think the Anthlons got faster than 3.0 GHz.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts