Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile SAC/SAW Studio for sale

We have a SAC/SAW Studio that we no longer use. It was purchased for $7,000 new, but will sell for $2,995 or best reasonable offer.

Computer Info:
    Windows 7 Professional
    Service Pack 1
    Intel core 2 Duo
    E8500 @ 3.16 GHZ
    Ram 4GB
    System Type: 64 Bit Operating System
    Pen and Touch: No Pen and Touch

SAC
    Software Audio Console
    SAC Version 2.9
    www.softwareaudioconsole.com

SAWStudio
    Software Audio Workshop
    SAW Studio Version 5
    www.sawstudio.com

Please contact us at mediadept@gloriouslightchurch.org

Default Re: SAC/SAW Studio for sale

You should probably list any audio interfaces, preamps, etc, and all plugins that come with the package. What you've listed here is exorbitantly priced at $3,000. You've specified a PC that can be bought on Ebay for less than $100, and the SAC/SS package (SAW basic, lite or full?) which seems to go for much less than the balance on the "Used" market (SS Lite, SAC, and the normal plug pac just went for less than $1000 on a recent listing).

Good luck!
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

You should also probably move this listing over to the "SAWbay Classifieds" section of the sawstudiouser.com fora. That's were stuff is bought and sold.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Evans View Post
    You should probably list any audio interfaces, preamps, etc, and all plugins that come with the package. What you've listed here is exorbitantly priced at $3,000. You've specified a PC that can be bought on Ebay for less than $100, and the SAC/SS package (SAW basic, lite or full?) which seems to go for much less than the balance on the "Used" market (SS Lite, SAC, and the normal plug pac just went for less than $1000 on a recent listing).

Good luck!

Can you tell me how to find this information out? The people who purchased it and ran it are no longer here.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karen M View Post
    Can you tell me how to find this information out? The people who purchased it and ran it are no longer here.

Thanks!
    Look at the gear that is hooked up to the computer. Maybe take a picture of everything and post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    Look at the gear that is hooked up to the computer. Maybe take a picture of everything and post it.
    In addition to that, there may be a card inside the computer (RME, MOTU, etc) which would be one of the more valuable pieces. Make sure to look for (or take a photo of) the back of the PC where the cards are... we can help you ID what it is, but it may require going inside the PC to find out for sure. Some of them look pretty similar to one another from the outside.

You might also look to see if there were any original receipts still in existence which might detail the purchase.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

Thank you, Brent. I will try to get someone to check that out. We don't have receipts because someone donated it as a gift, but they did pay $7000 for the system, but they are no longer here. Everything is unplugged now, so we will have to look inside to see what we can find. We appreciate the help!
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Evans View Post
    In addition to that, there may be a card inside the computer (RME, MOTU, etc) which would be one of the more valuable pieces. Make sure to look for (or take a photo of) the back of the PC where the cards are... we can help you ID what it is, but it may require going inside the PC to find out for sure. Some of them look pretty similar to one another from the outside.

You might also look to see if there were any original receipts still in existence which might detail the purchase.

8. Default Re: SAC/SAW Studio for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Karen M View Post
    Thank you, Brent. I will try to get someone to check that out. We don't have receipts because someone donated it as a gift, but they did pay $7000 for the system, but they are no longer here. Everything is unplugged now, so we will have to look inside to see what we can find. We appreciate the help!
    Karen
    I see a $750 computer and $1000 worth of software. You need to figure out where the other $5250 was spent. Find / hire someone who knows about computers to figure this out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaseShifter View Post
    I see a $750 computer and $1000 worth of software. You need to figure out where the other $5250 was spent. Find / hire someone who knows about computers to figure this out for you.
    Or the remote possibility exists that the donator "exaggerated" the value of his donation for tax purposes and to demonstrate what a great churchgoer he was.

10. Default Re: SAC/SAW Studio for sale

Quote Originally Posted by IraSeigel View Post
    Or the remote possibility exists that the donator "exaggerated" the value of his donation for tax purposes and to demonstrate what a great churchgoer he was.
    Yeah, I'm figuring as much, since the OP has stated that are no receipts for the system.