Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: SAC/SAW Studio for sale

Quote Originally Posted by IraSeigel View Post
    Or the remote possibility exists that the donator "exaggerated" the value of his donation for tax purposes and to demonstrate what a great churchgoer he was.
    Hopefully, I'm not offbase but I would guess that you are just having a little ole' fun with this, Ira

I'm thinking that this possibility isn't that remote. I can't imagine that system was ever that cutting edge to justify these costs. They had Core 2 Duo Quads with much more power coming out in the same time those Conroe chips were coming out.

Default Re: SAC/SAW Studio for sale

Quote Originally Posted by PhaseShifter View Post
    I see a $750 computer and $1000 worth of software. You need to figure out where the other $5250 was spent. Find / hire someone who knows about computers to figure this out for you.
    To be fair about it, while that might be all it's worth now. If purchased new, directly from RML and not on sale, all of that software cost a lot more than $1K for the initial purchase. SAC with all the plug-ins alone is $800. And SAW is $2500. That's $3300 in software alone. (assuming they have at least all the plug-ins and no MIDI Workshop)

While another $3700 for a computer might be a stretch depending on what was included in the initial purchase, a well built system could cost that much and it could easily cost that much if it contains a decent audio interface.

I guess I just don't see the point in accusing some random unknown person of donation fraud. Especially since it's probably not a stretch at all that they did spend that much if you take a closer look. And the reality is none of us have a clue what it really cost new without more details from the original poster. (is a nice nice rackmount CPU? any preamps or other connectivity? displays? keyboard/mice? or is it a cheap PC in a plastic case?, etc, etc, etc....) Just like without more details we can not tell the original poster what it might all actually be worth today.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Default Re: SAC/SAW Studio for sale

Quote Originally Posted by RBIngraham View Post
    To be fair about it, while that might be all it's worth now. If purchased new, directly from RML and not on sale, all of that software cost a lot more than $1K for the initial purchase. SAC with all the plug-ins alone is $800. And SAW is $2500. That's $3300 in software alone. (assuming they have at least all the plug-ins and no MIDI Workshop)

While another $3700 for a computer might be a stretch depending on what was included in the initial purchase, a well built system could cost that much and it could easily cost that much if it contains a decent audio interface.

I guess I just don't see the point in accusing some random unknown person of donation fraud. Especially since it's probably not a stretch at all that they did spend that much if you take a closer look. And the reality is none of us have a clue what it really cost new without more details from the original poster. (is a nice nice rackmount CPU? any preamps or other connectivity? displays? keyboard/mice? or is it a cheap PC in a plastic case?, etc, etc, etc....) Just like without more details we can not tell the original poster what it might all actually be worth today.
    Well said, Richard. And quite correct, I might add.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.