Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Un-supported File Format

I was recently handed 16 tracks of Mono 16bit 44100 WAV files from a music festival to mix and 'fix'. The first 8 tracks I could easily 'Open SoundFile and add to MT' in SawStudio 5.3 on Windows 8.1, but tracks 9-15 all give an error 'The file xxx.WAV is an Un-Supported File Format!' These files play with no trouble in Windows Media Player and Sound Forge and all appear to be the same format as the 1st 8 files, but SAWStudio will have nothing to do with them. Any ideas what may be wrong and what can be done about it? I guess I could play them back and record in SAW, but they are over 4 hours long each! Thanks for any insights....

Default Re: Un-supported File Format

Not sure if something in the file header is causing trouble in SAW... if they open in SoundForge, try saving one back as a new wav file and see if that opens with no trouble.

Bob L

Bob,

Yep, in the meantime I tried that and it works, so I am good to go. If you are interested I could zip one of these files up and send it to you....

Regards,

Dave McKenna

I would be interested to see one of the troubled files... but it sounds like it will be a pretty huge file...

Bob L

Bob,

The files are 1.5GB each. I'm looking into setting up a way for you to get one. I'll e-mail you when I do.

Regards,

Dave McKenna

Dave,

I just ran into a similar issue with some files sent to me... I solved that problem and will have a quick update out... hopefully the fix works for your files also... hold on and see if this update fixes yours as well... otherwise, then we can figure a way to get one of your files to me.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Dave McKenna View Post
    Bob,

The files are 1.5GB each. I'm looking into setting up a way for you to get one. I'll e-mail you when I do.

Regards,

Dave McKenna
    If you need to send files under 2 GB in size, We Transfer dot com is free and does not require software to be loaded on either the sending or receiving computer. I've used it for a couple years and haven't gotten any spam from them.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

We Transfer is my go to if folks don't like my FTP site.
    It's very clean and easy.
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

And, of course, if you have the space and an account, Dropbox is the quickest/easiest IMHO. Just create a folder, upload the file and send a link to the receivee. No, that is not a word.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    And, of course, if you have the space and an account, Dropbox is the quickest/easiest IMHO. Just create a folder, upload the file and send a link to the receivee. No, that is not a word.
    Pretty much describes the method used by we transfer as well, with the added benefit that you don't need to have an account or install any software on either the sender's machine or the receivee's machine. (And it's still not a word).
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.