Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Carvin EM900 Wireless IEM Transmitter....

Those devices still work just fine and its not like there is "frequency police” sitting on every street corner just waiting for people to use their 700 Mhz devices. The only place you might even have interference problems is in large cities. Which for me I don’t care, I avoid them as much as I possibly can. One aspect of the music industry I absolutely can not stand is the bleeding heart statist mentality of it. Everyone is so busy worry about the “legality” of things that will never even cause harm to a single person ever its pathetic. The government doesn't even have the personal to even regulate all these bull **** laws that really only guarantee corporate bottom lines for the politicians buddies or their own corporations. Their only ability to regulate 99% of this is people passively accepting it. What a waste of consciousness and the only way to stop this corporate take over is people saying screw them. I am done now, rant over lol.

I'm in rural north Carolina and there is plenty of 700 mhz interference here. As for harm, where those frequencies write sold to public services, using enough of them in one place you could interfere with their com systems which is necessary for them to do their jobs.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

Quote Originally Posted by kylesoundman View Post
    Those devices still work just fine and its not like there is "frequency police” sitting on every street corner just waiting for people to use their 700 Mhz devices. The only place you might even have interference problems is in large cities. Which for me I don’t care, I avoid them as much as I possibly can. One aspect of the music industry I absolutely can not stand is the bleeding heart statist mentality of it. Everyone is so busy worry about the “legality” of things that will never even cause harm to a single person ever its pathetic. The government doesn't even have the personal to even regulate all these bull **** laws that really only guarantee corporate bottom lines for the politicians buddies or their own corporations. Their only ability to regulate 99% of this is people passively accepting it. What a waste of consciousness and the only way to stop this corporate take over is people saying screw them. I am done now, rant over lol.
    While I agree with you that it is questionable about the real motives behind all these actions, let me be blunt. You're a fool. Yeah the FCC is drastically understaffed but think about who those bands were licensed to. Primamily big, large telecoms and govt' agencies for first responders. So if there were formal complaints sent in to the FCC regarding interference, who do you think they are most likely to take the time to do something about it? Hint: it won't the tiny group of HAM radio clubs calling in about someone interfering with the local repeater.

Actually the primary form of regulation is to keep manufacturers from selling any new gear. So eventually the gear will just wear out and break any you won't be able to buy the same thing and no official repair center will fix it, even if they could find parts.

If you are so concerned about the usefullness of these alotments to the public good keep in mind that the primary driver for these actions is your cell phone and other wireless devices with all the bandwidth they are consuming. There is no 4G without the 700MHz realottment. So if you took a poll, which do you think the average consumer cares more about? Cool phones or wireless mics and over the air UHF TV broadcast.

The airwaves do belong to the public, but the FCC is supposed to be licensing them for our good Now I'm not naive about how government works and how those with deep pockets can have undue influence. However, think about it. For years those freqs were assigned to broadcasters so they could make money from them. The only real difference I see is that we probably didn't put restictions on say Verizon that they have fo provide public good in the same way we traditionaly have with TV broadcasters. And for many years the microphone industry just took advantage of all of us, by selling a UHF device that the vast majority of us operated illegally. So who is the real bad guy here? I think it's a pretty grey area.

Feel free to use that old gear all you like. But realize that if you ever are caught the fines are fairly signifigant and are per use. So the church that uses that one mic every day for several years... yeah it would add up fast. A performance of some kind... each show x the number of devices.. adds up fast. It won't be LOL for you. Plus by posting this you have just publically admitted guilt, although probably not usable in legal proceedings as definitive evidence of the violation, it does at least take away the ability to claim ignorance.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Except I don’t own 700 Mhz wireless equipment lol. Most wireless sound like crap except the digital ones anyway.
    If we put our thinking caps on. Wouldn't it be in the best interests of government to tell people the 700 Mhz heist was for “emergency” services? Rather than the truth being who ever has the deepest pockets which sure isn’t going to be the local emergency service’s who can barely function in most places as it is? And more so the real truth most likely being the government needed the band width for the massive expansion of surveillance systems since the DHS has been expanded 100 fold since its implementation? Seems more than likely to me.

Except I don’t own 700 Mhz wireless equipment lol. Most wireless sound like crap except the digital ones anyway.
    If we put our thinking caps on. Wouldn't it be in the best interests of government to tell people the 700 Mhz heist was for “emergency” services? Rather than the truth being who ever has the deepest pockets which sure isn’t going to be the local emergency service’s who can barely function in most places as it is? And more so the real truth most likely being the government needed the band width for the massive expansion of surveillance systems since the DHS has been expanded 100 fold since its implementation? Seems more than likely to me.
    And your tin foil hat is in the mail?
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound

Yeah because what I am saying is completely impossible and the government would never lie lol.

So answer me this... what would the government do with a large swath of empty bandwidth? Who would they be spying on in unused spectrum?
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound

For infrastructure expansion. HAARP was also decommissioned not so long ago as well so who knows really what its getting used for. Besides why would an already functioning emergency communication system need that much bandwidth expansion? Seems a bit ridiculous.

Oh, I forgot the radio gear worked so well on 911.. yeah you're right..
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound

For infrastructure expansion. HAARP was also decommissioned not so long ago as well so who knows really what its getting used for. Besides why would an already functioning emergency communication system need that much bandwidth expansion? Seems a bit ridiculous.
    Are you aware of just how little bandwidth they used to have? Just ten years ago the Charlotte nc. Police dept was using a trunking system with about 30 frequencies. This is a city of 750,000 people. Many areas had as little as a single frequency for fire and ems to share, and it was sometimes shared with police and county sheriff as well. Granted those are low population areas, but the situation definintley warranted expansion. Coverage was also an issue. Uhf solved that too.

UHF was allocated inefficently from the beginning because old p UHF tv transmitters weren't very efficient. Modern gear works better with less white space, so the number of channels per available spectrum has increased.

The 700mhzs auction certainly was a cash grab and did raise a ton of cash, but we got 4g from it, which is very useful. I don't begrudge emergency services their little slice.

Unlike Dilbert, you probably weren't chipped during your last colonoscopy. Most people just don't matter that much.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.