Close

Thread: CSG Issue

Default CSG Issue

Hi All! Recently I did a complete reinstall in my DAW due to a HD failure. But after reinstalling everything, I am having an issue with CSG: empty files, but the first one, after a Build Mix to Fx Modules. Any clues? Thanks in advance for your help.

p.s. the first file has data, but it comes out as silence...
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile
    ASUS P8Z68 (Chipset Intel Z68) Intel i5 2500 3.3GHZ 4GB RAM RME HDSPe MADI and HDSPe AIO - GeForce GT 430
    Plug ins - RMLLabs, Sonoris, JMS, Waves, Antares, SIR2
    Mixing and Recording 64 channels - 50% CPU load. Buffers @ 32/1 in/out. WIN 7 32 bits.

Default Re: CSG Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Mills View Post
    Hi All! Recently I did a complete reinstall in my DAW due to a HD failure. But after reinstalling everything, I am having an issue with CSG: empty files, but the first one, after a Build Mix to Fx Modules. Any clues? Thanks in advance for your help.

The only suggestion that comes to mind is to check where you're loading it in SAW..... I always load it in Post and always the very last plug-in in the list.

Also be sure no tracks are selected, or the ones that you want are selected. But I like UTD's advice the best. I always put it as the last plug on the final output channel (in terms of signal flow) that I'm using.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Thanks Rich! Yes, the plug-in is in Post and is the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    The only suggestion that comes to mind is to check where you're loading it in SAW..... I always load it in Post and always the very last plug-in in the list.
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile
    ASUS P8Z68 (Chipset Intel Z68) Intel i5 2500 3.3GHZ 4GB RAM RME HDSPe MADI and HDSPe AIO - GeForce GT 430
    Mixing and Recording 64 channels - 50% CPU load. Buffers @ 32/1 in/out. WIN 7 32 bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Also be sure no tracks are selected, or the ones that you want are selected. But I like UTD's advice the best. I always put it as the last plug on the final output channel (in terms of signal flow) that I'm using.
    Thanks Dave, but no tracks are selected.
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Mills View Post

This is a tough one Carlos. Are you using it in an existing project, from before the HD failure or is it a brand new project recently created?

Have you tried opening an older project with CSG to check the settings and try a BuildMix?

Dave

Hi Dave, usually I import old projects where everything is already set and adapt accordingly (well, actually I create clear templates). Ok, I will try to open an older project, try a BuildMix and report back here, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Digital View Post
    This is a tough one Carlos. Are you using it in an existing project, from before the HD failure or is it a brand new project recently created?

Have you tried opening an older project with CSG to check the settings and try a BuildMix?

Dave
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile

Hey Dave, good shot, old EDL worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Digital View Post

Dave
    Carlos Mills
    Mosaico Mobile