Close

1. Default Re: Excitement In The SAC Camp!

Awesome!!!

Bob - what screen resolutions is the touch mixer compatible with? Will it work on 10 inch - 1368x768 tablet?

Dave
    SAC and SAWLite
    Windows 7 on HP Elitebook 8460p laptop, RME Digiface, Presonus Digimax FS Preamps

Default Re: Excitement In The SAC Camp!

The touch view modules are 784 pixels high, so the 768 would force a vertical scroll to see it all... an 800 size screen might work, but I would recommend a higher res vertical screen size... many of these Windows tablets are now 1920x1080 and higher actually... which is what I was aiming at when I designed it.... again... a small screen is just not practical for the amount of data SAC needs to display.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    The touch view modules are 784 pixels high, so the 768 would force a vertical scroll to see it all... an 800 size screen might work, but I would recommend a higher res vertical screen size... many of these Windows tablets are now 1920x1080 and higher actually... which is what I was aiming at when I designed it.... again... a small screen is just not practical for the amount of data SAC needs to display.

Bob L
    T Mixer sized at 1061 pixels on my machine from the top of the titlebar to the bottom of the window.

But it's so darn close bob... 768 and 800 pixels high is a very standardized screen size and lots of very inexpensive tablets have that resolution. Think of the marketing.... you don't need a $600 ipad to have a touch remote, you can use a $200 windows tablet...

It took 15 minutes in Paint to come up with a 768 pixel design that would solve the problem... the other windows work fine on 768 pixels. Sure, this is rough, but all of the targets are roughly no smaller vertically than the fader handle, and the pan handle is square instead of rectangular. Fader length is the same.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

Brent... I wrestled with that one for quite a while... the height is also dependent on whether you use the lrg titlebar mode or not... so it needs to scrunch down even more than what you display there... I felt that it was just a bit much.

The idea was to expand the distance between zones and it starts to defeat the whole purpose trying to fit into that small a screen size.

Bob L

Brent... I wrestled with that one for quite a while... the height is also dependent on whether you use the lrg titlebar mode or not... so it needs to scrunch down even more than what you display there... I felt that it was just a bit much.

The idea was to expand the distance between zones and it starts to defeat the whole purpose trying to fit into that small a screen size.

Bob L
    I opened up what I made on a graphic viewer on my Acer and found it to be quite "usable" (granted, no functionality there, just looking at where my fingers fell when I tried to hit a target). If space between the targets matters that much, put it there... just do it in a space that will fit on the smaller screen.

I'm not advocating changing what you already have... just adding something to make it functional for those of us who already are invested into less expensive tablets. The only reason I even have a windows tab is for SAC remote... everything else my Android tab does better. Not everyone is going to buy a Surface or something of equal resolution to run this on... why not make SOMETHING that will work WELL on less expensive devices? Surely you realize that most of us are in this because of the bang for buck.... there's nothing wrong with going after the big players but five fast pennies is better than one slow nickel....
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

... so it needs to scrunch down even more than what you display there...
    Bob, I love the technical terminology, "scrunch"! Thanks very much for another home run and sharing the EJ story with us. Listing to Tumbleweed Connection when I was deployed on the USS Enterprise was my escape to reality!
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

I will keep it on the list of things to look at when this initial release settles down.

I want to chase and fix whatever bugs show up right away so I can get this version out there in a stable condition.

I did find the Win 8 Touch Mode issue and released a new download... thanks for finding that one.

Bob L

Hey... it's no problem. I want the product to be better. I LIKE it.

And by the way... when I right click and scroll left... the selection moves right, and vice versa. Windows (or maybe just lenovo) defaults the touchpad to reverse scrolling these days to match the touch interface... I just noticed this one.

The standards are a changing... these are things that matter in an interface. Choice is paramount.

Happy releasing!

BE your sound.