Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Touch view doesn't seem to work for me

Credit where credit is due... you did say you'd look into the directional thing. That would go a long way. Shrinking down the graphics on the T-mixer view by 75% or a slight reorganization to create a Small/Large paradigm like you do on the Touch Panel would go a long way.... Between that and the R Button (which was a good idea, BTW) the touch interface becomes usable on over 50% of screens out there...

We don't have to agree. You don't have to change ANYTHING that's there. It's all about having options. These are relatively simple tweaks or additions. Instead of saying... "OK... it's a problem for you, let's see if we can fix it to make it work better for more people" the response is "Here's a workaround." We probably won't agree that that's the right way to handle things.

I'm a patient guy. I just don't like to be told that I'm not important. I now feel like I'm not important. And to be accused of being a thief on top of all that.... geez. You want courtesy but you won't extend the same. I haven't abused you, and if you can't take criticism, you shouldn't be publishing your work.

By the way, all you have to do to not get lambasted is acknowledge that we mean what we say and take it seriously instead of hiding behind excuses and hacks. If I say... it sure would be great to have a window auto size like the others do, your response is "well, resize it!" That's not an answer, that's a copout. Come on, man. If we didn't care, and didn't want it to be better, we wouldn't say anything. We just want it to be better.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

I do not like being accused of hiding behind hacks and not acknowledging what is said... I hear everything... how can I avoid it... it is shoved down my throat relentlessly. A suggestion politely made is heard... one that is beaten into the ground over and over, like this one, gets lost in all the drama.

I offered many ways to use the touch view right now, just the way it is designed, on any size tablet screen. These options are not hacks in my opinion, but a very positive and powerful way to work. You have looked at it for ten minutes and decided it is not right, because it works differently than you think it should. I and my team have spent months in the field doing live gigs of all sizes and complexity using the software and testing how well it works or not. In our opinion, it works very well. You have continued to reject every option I have offered, without fail, and at the same time you denied that very fact... all I'm suggesting is pick one of the suggestions I offered, set it up and start using it and I'm sure you will find that all this discussion about how wrong it all is and how useless it is may just disappear and be forgotten quickly enough, because in the long run, it actually works pretty good.

In the meantime, I'm sure there will be modifications and adjustments to all of it in the future updates as more and more suggestions come in... but for now... move on. There are so many other enhancements in the update that are being totally overshadowed by all this focus on how a window opens and whether it should work differently on a cheap tablet. Perhaps I shouldn't really care about cheap tablets... there has to be a line drawn somewhere... it has never been the goal of this project to attempt to be compatible with everything the market ever offers at any price.

The Touch view is a nice new option with a handful of size variations and combinations that can make it very useful on many various sized tablets... obviously, higher resolutions offer more options, but it can still work very well on even the cheap tablets. So to create all this comotion that it will only work on a small percentage of the tablets is completely false and irritating after spending so much time working it out. And... realize that the other options force you to buy an iPad, and not for $100 either, yet no one is complaining about that... but in my case you have dozens of choices at varying prices and that's never good enough... give me a break.

Bob L

Karel,

All of my setups use about 6 F-Keys to get all my jobs done easily and very effectively... in most cases you only need a few basic workspace setups to handle most anything you need to do.

There are 12 F-Keys and 12 Alt-F-Keys... so there is more than enough to handle the most complex setups. Explore the feature... instead of just dismissing its usefulness because maybe you have never seen this feature elsewhere or maybe you have not experimented with it.

The basic starting default F-Keys are more than enough to get started. If you are using a tablet as a remote, then you would only need a few for the Touch Mixer views and one or two combination views which all adds up to the same 6 or so. It all really works out very nicely and is very easy to make use of.

Anybody having questions about F-Key workspace views are free to call me and setup a live online streaming training session for free and I will be happy to demonstrate the concept and help you with a few basic setups to satisfy your specific needs.

Bob L

I had a much longer reply. I'm not going to bother except to say this:

I'm not stupid.

I don't need months to know when something is going to be a problem. I make my living out of solving other people's problems quickly and efficiently.

Ten minutes was all I NEEDED to realize that you had an interfacebug which you fixed. Ten minutes was all I NEEDED to realize that there are three major problems with how the double touch responds, and I told you what they were. You then suggested I enjoy the ride.

I'm a darn good diagnostician. I get called after others fail, and I get the job done. You're getting me for free. Well... you were. I'm done. I've made my points and you've heard them. I hope you end up not rejecting them entirely. I'll be really ampped up when the update to this update comes soon and works for me so I (and others) can buy it.
    SAC Host: Custom built i3 / Gigabyte based rackmount PC, MOTU 424/2408(2), Profire2626(4),. up to. on up to 6 monitor mixers.WinXP Home.
    Plugins/Processing: RML, Antares, ReaPlugs. Recording with Reaper.
    System Load - 25-30%, at 1x32

99% of the time, things that aren't being done aren't because they don't work. The other 1% is split evenly between fools and geniuses.
    BE your sound.

Boy I wish I could abuse those AVID guys the way you guys abuse Bob Can't get AVID tech support to return my calls even with paid tech support and here you are giving Bob a hard time; SAC/SAW users really have it good.

"Easy is criticism and hard is art."
    Philippe Néricault Destouches
    Last edited by Philippe M; 07-18-2015 at 03:07 AM.

Sometimes when I work with Saw and MWS some functions irritate me. When I have to try other DAWs, I know why I like working with Bob's products.
    Nothing is perfect.....

New update release now includes the Flick reversal option. Just re-download.

Bob L

Thanks Bob....that sounds like it will go a long way to giving folks a higher comfort level with the new Tablet view
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

I bought SAC at the pre-release price. Because I've enjoyed everything Bob has coded. Keep in mind how little you've spent for BIG results!

I haven't bought the upgrade yet, because I don't have any touch screen computers. I will happily spend the $100 in the near feature.

Thank you Bob for awesome programs and great support!
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio