Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Popup faders not working

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Richard,

Did you check for a Notification Tray section...down by the clock.

The Intel installation usually places a control icon in that location.

Have a peep: How to Disable/Enable the Intel Graphics Tray Icon

Hope this helps?
    Hi Dell,

Thank you for your reply. Since there is no control icon in the notification area, I followed the instructions in the link you provided. All went well until I got to #3 on the instructions list, which was "Navigate to the IntelĀ® Graphics Control Panel tab. " There is no Intel Graphics Control Panel tab anywhere. Something must be awry.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rupert View Post
    Okay guys, I'm afraid I must solicit some more advice from you... I can't find any way to adjust the specific settings for the Intel graphics card driver. The driver installed is this: "Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)". I can't find an applet for this software in order to adjust its settings. I went on-line with the computer and accessed the graphics adapter driver in device manager and clicked on "update driver". This is the one it chose. I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center, 64 bit, if that matters.

I can find some simple basic settings in Windows, but nothing that relates specifically to this adapter, and nothing there seems to be set inappropriately.

TIA
    It sounds as though you simply updated the driver to the one you mention, without installing the control panel software. This can be done and many people choose to only update a driver rather than the whole software package for various reasons, so it is often made available this way.

You may need to revisit the website, download the entire package to your pc and then install it as you would any other program, if you must have it for those extra settings.

Hmmm... I appears that Windows 8.1 is not supported:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pro...Chipset-Family

... maybe that's the problem...? In which case, I would be better off with the generic driver... or do you think I should load the Win 7 driver?

What's a mother to do?
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    It sounds as though you simply updated the driver to the one you mention, without installing the control panel software. This can be done and many people choose to only update a driver rather than the whole software package for various reasons, so it is often made available this way.

You may need to revisit the website, download the entire package to your pc and then install it as you would any other program, if you must have it for those extra settings.
    .... ooo, perhaps you're right. Please do see my previous post however. I have a session starting soon (for which I don't use SAC or the Lenovo computer), so I may not respond for a while, but I TRULY appreciate the help I am getting here!!!
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording