Close

Default Issue with plug-ins that try to open a browser for activation.

I'm having trouble activating plugins from Air Instruments and Focusrite that require that the plug-in open a browser window for activation.

I will email their support to see if there's an alternate way to deal with this, but in the meanwhile is this something that anyone else has dealt with, or something that can be added to SAW?

edit: I opened the plugin in another host to activate and it worked. Duh. Still would be nice to be able to do this via SAW.
    Last edited by AudioAstronomer; 08-02-2015 at 06:23 PM.
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

Default Re: Issue with plug-ins that try to open a browser for activation.

Hi,
    No issues here was able to activate and open my Air Instruments in Saw running windows 8.1 just upgraded to windows 10.
    B/r,
    Kevin.

There is nothing specifically in SAW that should interfere with a browser operating... what would make you think so... what exactly happens when you try.

Bob L

For instance, the Focusrite plug-ins have an 'activate' button that should open your default browser so you can activate the plugins.

You can download a demo to try here: http://us.focusrite.com/downloads?pr...+Plug-in+Suite

On the same system in another DAW, the button works properly and opens the browser with the appropriate link.
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph

I just installed those plugs but do not see anywhere to click for a website or anything else that would open the browser.

I also just tested 4 or 5 other plugins that did have a website link and my browser opened fine from inside SAWStudio.

Bob L

When you open the plug-in there should be an 'activate' button. That button should open a website.

I did try a couple other plug-ins as well with direct hyperlinks, and they seem to work fine.

Maybe this is an issue with my system?
    Lovingly signed,
    Robert Randolph