Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help please

1. Default Help please

Hi all I am,very interested in SAC for live use and I have downloaded the demo. I am after some advice before spending money on equipment to run it. I am most interested in running it in conjunction with Yamaha rio racks using dante, as we already have the Rio Racks.

At the moment I am running the demo on my laptop with dante virtual sound card, I realise this will have too much latency for live use, but its a good testing and learning situation.

Firstly I am having dante patching issues in and out of the rio racks using Dante controller, controller says its patched but it isn't. the only way I can get it to work is with the CL5 plugged in but that defeats the object of the exercise, any thoughts what I am doing wrong? Is anyone successfully using sac with a stand alone rio rack?

Secondly I am looking into hardware the manuals talk about using the fastest single core processor you can find is this still current advice? As single core processors are few and far between and quite slow surely I would better of with a faster multi-core processor even if i disable the other cores?

I have been looking at these pcs that I would connect to a touch screen and add a dante PCIe card. http://www.steatite-embedded.co.uk/c...pZoaAryd8P8HAQ

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Default Re: Help please

Perhaps the Rio Rack without the console plugged in does not generate a clock.

You can use any of the newer cpus... more cores does not necessarily equal more performance for many reasons stated elsewhere in many threads.

A dual core I3 works very well... an I5 works fine as well... if there are 4 cores, consider turning two off in the bios... turn off hyperthreading if the cpu has it.

Bob L

You are going to need a dante PCIe card to generate the master clock. Virtual sound card doesn't generate the master clock required to make it work. The yamaha accelerator card is going to be perfectly suited for what you are trying to do.

4. Default Re: Help please

Thanks guys that makes sens given what Dante controller was showing me. it was showing one of the rio's as a clock master. but had some sync problems, also The DVC does not have an option for sting as clock master. I think my next move may be to buy the Dante PCIe card for further testing. Thanks.

5. Default Re: Help please

Hi Hugh,

Tried to send you a pm but you have those disabled. I have some items you may be interested in.

Doug Danforth

6. Default Re: Help please

PM now enabled

7. Default Re: Help please

Ok so now I am looking into getting a pc I have looked at two options and I am interested in opinions.

Option 1-

1U Rackmount computer with Pentium 4 3.0GHz CPU, PCIe x16 slot, 8GB memory and Windows XP Pro
    Updated 1U 19" Rackmount Chassis for Mini-ITX Motherbords - 230mm Deep
    Mini-ITX SBC supports socket LGA775 Intel Core 2 Quad CPU with 1333Mhz
    FSB,DDR3,VGA,Dual PCIe GbE,6COM,4 SATAII
    1 PENTIUM-4-630 Pentium 4 3.0GHZ, LGA775, 2MB, 800MHZ, HT
    2 DIMM-4GB-1333-DDR3K1 Low profile 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 DIMM, CL9, 1.5V, Non-ECC
    1 EPIA-180W-1U-RS 180W 1U Flex ATX Power Supply
    1 COOLER-P199 1U DYNATRON BLOWER - P199 S775 QUAD CORE ACTIVE COPPER HEATSINK
    1 PCIE-1PC PCI Express Riser Card. Faces away from the motherboard
    1 SSD-256GB-2.5-370 Industrial 256GB MLC 2.5" SSD
    1 WIN-XP-PRO-EMB Windows XP Pro (OED Licence)

or -
    Industrial 1U PC with Intel Core i7 quad core CPU and Q87 chipset (Haswell). 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, PCIe x16 slot, DVI-I, HDMI, DisplayPort, 2x Gigabit LAN, 4x USB 3.0 (rear), 2x USB 2.0 (front), 2x Audio, 3x RS232/422/485, 230mm deep,

with this one I can ad my own operating system.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh J View Post
    Ok so now I am looking into getting a pc I have looked at two options and I am interested in opinions.

Option 1-

1U Rackmount computer with Pentium 4 3.0GHz CPU, PCIe x16 slot, 8GB memory and Windows XP Pro
    Updated 1U 19" Rackmount Chassis for Mini-ITX Motherbords - 230mm Deep
    Mini-ITX SBC supports socket LGA775 Intel Core 2 Quad CPU with 1333Mhz
    FSB,DDR3,VGA,Dual PCIe GbE,6COM,4 SATAII
    1 PENTIUM-4-630 Pentium 4 3.0GHZ, LGA775, 2MB, 800MHZ, HT
    2 DIMM-4GB-1333-DDR3K1 Low profile 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 DIMM, CL9, 1.5V, Non-ECC
    1 EPIA-180W-1U-RS 180W 1U Flex ATX Power Supply
    1 COOLER-P199 1U DYNATRON BLOWER - P199 S775 QUAD CORE ACTIVE COPPER HEATSINK
    1 PCIE-1PC PCI Express Riser Card. Faces away from the motherboard
    1 SSD-256GB-2.5-370 Industrial 256GB MLC 2.5" SSD
    1 WIN-XP-PRO-EMB Windows XP Pro (OED Licence)

or -
    Industrial 1U PC with Intel Core i7 quad core CPU and Q87 chipset (Haswell). 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, PCIe x16 slot, DVI-I, HDMI, DisplayPort, 2x Gigabit LAN, 4x USB 3.0 (rear), 2x USB 2.0 (front), 2x Audio, 3x RS232/422/485, 230mm deep,

with this one I can ad my own operating system.
    Don't do a 1U system. Power supplies are expensive. Fans are noisy and space is limited.

Even a 1.5U case has space that will allow for much quieter fans that will move more air.

I actually have both of these. The 1.5U case I use for our live rig and the 3U case is used in our Studio.

1.5U MicroATX Chassis
    http://www.gtweb.net/products/p1685/...Chassis--Black

3U Quiet Micro ATX Chassis
    http://www.gtweb.net/products/p1567/...hassis--Black-
    Last edited by cgrafx; 08-20-2015 at 09:06 AM.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

9. Default Re: Help please

Ok so now I am going round in circles, I am trying to copy inputs across the various mixer but it won't let me?

Is it possible to have your monitor bus sending to the headphone out on the host pc? If so how?

I also can't find the settings for the tap points from FOH mixer or mixer one to the monitor mixers, I have scanned and searched the manual three times but not found it?

Hugh,

Tap points for monitor mixers are at the top of the chan strip modules on each mixer... switch to mixer 1, then click on the I/A (Input/Attenuator) zone on the F Mixer view... this will pop you to the top of the module... then click in the input source zone... there are your tap points.

Headphones are usually plugged into the solo bus which can listen to all mixer chans and outputs... set your FOH solo bus device to a pair of unused outputs (I usually use the last pair thatare installed)... then when you solo a chan you should hear it in the headphones (connected to those device outs)... then if you click the solo lite at the top of the main view, and switch mixers, the master out solo will chase you from mixer to mixer allowing you to monitor all mixers from one location.

You can copy chan settings in groups with the mixer duplication and copy to finctions found by right-clicking the Current Mixer display zone at the top center of the main window. You can also use the individual chan store/recall memory cell functions (alt-right-click any mixer chan).

Hugh, feel free to give me a call at the contact number listed on the SAC website and I would be happy to step you thru some basic setup details to help get you started.

Bob L