Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default "Lights On" for 4.0

Howdy all,

First version of Lights On for 4.0x

Cleanup a few cells.
    Changed the Touch buttons to lite.

It is call "work in progress" until I settle on a lite switch style.
    Final version will be renamed to Lights On.

Need feedback from the group to proofread and verify

Again Thanks Bob

Hap
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sc7l1ux2h...EHhQjcLua?dl=0

Default Re: "Lights On" for 4.0

Glad to see you updating the shades. A lot of users like your shades.

Thanks.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Glad to see you updating the shades. A lot of users like your shades.

Thanks.

Bob L
    I'll be out on the road for the month of September (Tradeshow Logistics for 2 shows in Anaheim) and when I come back I'll finalize Lights On and start on Glass House.

Hap

Note:
    If you have a DropBox account, you could place a copy of the shade fold into the local Dropbox folder. You would receive the syc file as I do changes to this shade.

For other downloading, I'll put a rev list along with the shade in Dropbox.

How do you work with the shade resources? I used to know how, but I can't remember now. I loaded up a shade in PowerShades, but I can't get it to save any of the elements anywhere or load them into MSPaint to edit them. Is there an online tutorial or some such? I had even made the shade I have been using for years like this, but I can't figure out how to make any changes to it now.

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
    How do you work with the shade resources? I used to know how, but I can't remember now. I loaded up a shade in PowerShades, but I can't get it to save any of the elements anywhere or load them into MSPaint to edit them. Is there an online tutorial or some such? I had even made the shade I have been using for years like this, but I can't figure out how to make any changes to it now.
    Go to the configure menu in Power Shade, select the program to do the editing. Uncheck the passive editing. Next will be where the shade folder is and where the editing folder will be. From PS open the shade and do a save as, with a new name, to the shade folder in SAC.

Should be ready to go.

Hap

Quote Originally Posted by HapHazzard View Post
    Go to the configure menu in Power Shade, select the program to do the editing. Uncheck the passive editing. Next will be where the shade folder is and where the editing folder will be. From PS open the shade and do a save as, with a new name, to the shade folder in SAC.

Should be ready to go.

Hap
    Also MS Paint is in the system32 folder of windows.

Path:

C:\Windows\system32\mspaint.exe

I already had it set up that way. When I click double click an image, I get, "an exception has occurred. Would you like to see the exception log?", but if I say yes, nothing happens. I can Open MSPaint from a command line from the same path that is in the configuration, but not within Power Shades. What am I doing wrong?

Power Shades will not save an image directory in the config. Also, it will not export without getting the exception error. This program doesn't really seem to work at all. Any ideas? I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit. I have tried running it as administrator, in various compatibility modes, etc. No go.

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
    Power Shades will not save an image directory in the config. Also, it will not export without getting the exception error. This program doesn't really seem to work at all. Any ideas? I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit. I have tried running it as administrator, in various compatibility modes, etc. No go.
    My last pc I used for graphics was a win 7 64. Now it's a HP win10 running power shade, paint shop pro and SAC Remote in XP SP2 mode. Tried MS Paint also. Worked fine.

You might want to download power shade again run the install in Xp mode. I didn't have to do that but you never know. It sounds like the copy of PS might be bad. Uninstall it and clean the register before you reinstall.

I haven't had a win8 pc. Is there a virtual XP 32 you could run? I use to run a virtual xp in win 7.

Hap