Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Waves WLM Plus .ini file

I'm trying to write a .ini file for Waves Loudness Meter. I go to the .dll file and from the properties, I copy the location, write the .ini file and save it in SAW's VST plugins folder as explained in the help file.

When I try to load it, I get a "can't load plugin" message.

I've also tried copying the .dll file into the plugin folder with the same results. The only thing I haven't tried is to install WLM into the plugin folder.

I'll take any suggestions before trying to reinstall the plugin.

Thank you for any light you can shine on this problem.
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

Default Re: Waves WLM Plus .ini file

Make sure in your .ini file you finish the path line with the Enter key to force the cursor down to the next line... the code needs to see the CR/LF at the end of the path.

Bob L

Yes, I did this according to the help file.
    I may try to load it into SAW's VST folder today.

Waves is weird the way they have the V8 and V9 loaders.
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions

Bill -
    I was having similar problems installing Waves 9.x version plugins - but the following fixed it for me (on Windows 7 64bit) - so maybe it will work for you as well:

First - download the "VSTWrapperBuilder" from
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...rBuilder.shtml

I just installed the downloaded exe -
    opened the 32bit version of the VSTWrapperBuilder -
    clicked "VST Plugin" button on upper left and browsed to the folder I had installed the WaveShell-VST 9.3.dll to
    clicked the "Destination Folder" and select your SAWStudio "VST_PlugIns" folder.
    and then hit the "Build" button

The utility will then extract your registered plugin dll's out of the "Waves-shell" dll and write these to SAWStudio's VST folder - no need to edit the SAWStudio's VST ini file manually or with utilities such as SAWVstIniTool - everything just worked without this.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Thanks Steve! This may be the solution I've been looking for!

How are you settling in to your new digs? Quite nicely from the looks of it!

Have a great weekend!

Bill Corkery Productions

Thanks Steve finally can use my waves plugins

Quote Originally Posted by bcorkery View Post
    How are you settling in to your new digs? Quite nicely from the looks of it!
    Things are going great - thanks for asking! I've actually been up and running at my new studio since October of last year - but just finally am getting my new redesigned website up now. My daughter just turned 15 months and has been an immense joy - and I am finally getting a little time to enjoy more of what Austin, Texas has to offer recently.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Quote Originally Posted by WARDAK View Post
    Thanks Steve finally can use my waves plugins
    Great to hear that fix worked for you as well!

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSonic View Post
    Things are going great - thanks for asking! I've actually been up and running at my new studio since October of last year - but just finally am getting my new redesigned website up now. My daughter just turned 15 months and has been an immense joy - and I am finally getting a little time to enjoy more of what Austin, Texas has to offer recently.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson
    When did you leave New York?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Miskimon View Post
    When did you leave New York?
    Tim -
    I left in June 2014 after being a resident of NYC for 17 years. It definitely felt like the right time to go. My daughter (my first) was born June 11, 2014.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson