Close

Default Waves Plugs in SS on I7 64 bit IOS?

OK guys I need help!! Is there any such thing as Waves Plugs working in SS on and I-7 64 bit machine with Windows 8.1?

The IT people where I work insisted I go to a new machine that has Windows 8.1 64bit so now I am unable to run my Waves plugs in VST.....I know some of you by now have left XP so any ideas?

Default Re: Waves Plugs in SS on I7 64 bit IOS?

Quote Originally Posted by TGB View Post
    OK guys I need help!! Is there any such thing as Waves Plugs working in SS on and I-7 64 bit machine with Windows 8.1?

The IT people where I work insisted I go to a new machine that has Windows 8.1 64bit so now I am unable to run my Waves plugs in VST.....I know some of you by now have left XP so any ideas?
    See this recent thread. TotalSonic has had success on Windows 7 x64. I bet it works for you, too.

http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/...ad.php?t=18031

There are other ideas, there, too -- like let Waves install the DLL's to the default location and use the SS .ini trick to point to that location.

There are other, older threads that are Waves-specific, too.

Good luck!
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Thanks so much Dave!!....I will try it!

Blog Entries

Another idea is to setup another OS on your system just for SAW and have a dual booting system.

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    Another idea is to setup another OS on your system just for SAW and have a dual booting system.
    Unfortunately this issue is NOT specific to the OS - the same problem will happen with Waves 9.x version plugins on XP. The issue is that Waves uses a "WaveShell-VST.dll" to embed all the plugins that have been purchased from them into a single dll - which is not compatible with SAWStudio's handling of VST plugins. So the individual dll's need to be extracted from the shell.dll and then installed with their links to Wave's copy protection activation still in tact.

Again - I had very good success recently installing the most recent version of Waves plugins using the following method:

First - download the "VSTWrapperBuilder" from
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...rBuilder.shtml

I just installed the downloaded exe -
    opened the 32bit version of the VSTWrapperBuilder -
    clicked "VST Plugin" button on upper left and browsed to the folder I had installed the WaveShell-VST 9.3.dll to
    clicked the "Destination Folder" and select your SAWStudio "VST_PlugIns" folder.
    and then hit the "Build" button

The utility will then extract your registered plugin dll's out of the "Waves-shell" dll and write these to SAWStudio's VST folder - no need to edit the SAWStudio's VST ini file manually or with utilities such as SAWVstIniTool - everything just worked without this.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSonic View Post
    Unfortunately this issue is NOT specific to the OS - the same problem will happen with Waves 9.x version plugins on XP. The issue is that Waves uses a "WaveShell-VST.dll" to embed all the plugins that have been purchased from them into a single dll - which is not compatible with SAWStudio's handling of VST plugins. So the individual dll's need to be extracted from the shell.dll and then installed with their links to Wave's copy protection activation still in tact.

Again - I had very good success recently installing the most recent version of Waves plugins using the following method:

First - download the "VSTWrapperBuilder" from
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...rBuilder.shtml

I just installed the downloaded exe -
    opened the 32bit version of the VSTWrapperBuilder -
    clicked "VST Plugin" button on upper left and browsed to the folder I had installed the WaveShell-VST 9.3.dll to
    clicked the "Destination Folder" and select your SAWStudio "VST_PlugIns" folder.
    and then hit the "Build" button

The utility will then extract your registered plugin dll's out of the "Waves-shell" dll and write these to SAWStudio's VST folder - no need to edit the SAWStudio's VST ini file manually or with utilities such as SAWVstIniTool - everything just worked without this.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson
    I hear Steve for sure. I do not have win 8 so I was just thinking maybe there are problems with SAW, Waves and Win8 working together thus the idea of a dual OS boot