Close

1. Default Latency issues and listen wedge volume.

So after much set up we are using the sac for a full set of 10 monitor mixes. However I have a latency issue. the mixes are all noticeably late. I would think around 10 ms.

I am using a Rio rack for the ins and outs and a Dante accelerator card, Dante controller show a latency of less than 1 ms.

Also is the any way of having a volume control on the solo buss for my listening wedge.

Default Re: Latency issues and listen wedge volume.

Make sure to set your buffer settings to adjust the latency... using anything at 2 x 64 or less should definitely eliminate any perception of latency, especially in wedges.

You can set the solo master level by right-clciking the solo lite at the top of the main window... or in the Mixer/Solo Mode menu options, or you can right-click any output sub fader and use that as a solo level fader.

Bob L

Cool Bob...I was unaware of the ability to assign a fader to the the Solo Bus....
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Make sure to set your buffer settings to adjust the latency... using anything at 2 x 64 or less should definitely eliminate any perception of latency, especially in wedges.

You can set the solo master level by right-clciking the solo lite at the top of the main window... or in the Mixer/Solo Mode menu options, or you can right-click any output sub fader and use that as a solo level fader.

Bob L
    Bob, can you clarify the "right-click any output sub fader and use that as a solo level fader" statement? When I right click on a sub output fader, I just get the channel select (goto) menu.

Try right clicking on the solo button, there is a likely looking option there. I am not set up to test it on this machine.

Yes... sorry... right-click the solo button on any output chan fader 1-24.... does not need to be a sub chan... select the appropriate option.

Bob L

7. Default Re: Latency issues and listen wedge volume.

Thanks Bob, for future reference, the Dante accelerator controller is needed to adjust the buffer size on the card.