Close

Default Waves Crashing SAWStudioLite 5.5

OK...tearing my hair out on this one...I'm running SAWStudioLite 5.5 with Win 7 Pro OS
    -I downloaded the CLA Vocal demo.
    -I Used Steve Bereson's VSTWrapperBuilder system to extract the CLA vst. -I installed the .dll in SAW and it worked great! Love it....works flawless.

-I decide to check out a few more demo's....CLA Drums and BASS
    -Use the VSTWrapperBuilder to extract them. Load them into SAW, SAW Loads them into a PREFX slot...the plugin opens up....and when you try to load a preset or run SAW....SAW crashes EVERY time .

- I tried different versions of the VSTWrapperBuilder 1.0, 2.0, 2.1....SAW Crashes
    -I tried Shell2VST...it extracts VST's and SAW lopens them up.....SAW crashes when you try to load a preset or run the tracks.
    - I used VEPro5 ...which usually allows troublesome VST's to run...no luck....
    -Reinstalled SAW....no luck
    - I've tried Chainer and Minihost VST...all will load the program but the moment you try toi initiate a VST preset or play the tracks SAW shuts down.

-There is a WaveShell-VST9.6.dll in 2 places on the hardrive. That was not the case when I first loaded the single instance of CLA Vocals that worked. The first time I accesses the WaveShell.dll under the Waves folder on the C drive. Since loading the rest there seems to be an added instance in a VST folder C: Program Files (86x)\VST Plugins.
    -I tried both of these with all methods.....SAW Crashes,

So why would it work flawlessly the first time but not when I had more than one Plugin Downloaded?

I've not allowed Win 7 to update itself from the stock OS install....could it be missing a component?

I used Waves Central download service to install and activate the Plugins.....I'd like to reinstall and try again. any idea how to get them to do this? it seems they only allow 1 install of the demo license.

Any insight would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Jeff Scott; 11-01-2015 at 10:06 AM.
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

Default Re: Waves Crashing SAWStudioLite 5.5

OK....uninstalled Waves from the Computer...downloaded a few more Demos' ....everything works. Downloaded the Artist signature Bass and Drums bundle.... Everything worked perfectly

-Downloaded the demo of the Artist Vocals....half the plugins that worked before don't work now. It's random.

Is there anyone using a bunch of these plugins? and if so....is there anything different you've done that makes them work"

Could it be that these are demo's and there's something different about the licensing that's causing this to fail?
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's

Think I solved the problem...see post on topic...

Blog Entries

Yes...I tried that. It does extract the individual .dll's from the WavesShell-Vst...but SAW still crashes...

I did find a solution and the fix.... see this post....

http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/...ad.php?t=18074
    Last edited by Jeff Scott; 11-03-2015 at 04:55 PM.