Close

Default Frank Y (Beringer X32)

do we have some folks here that are using a Beringer X32 Mixer with Sawstudio?

Default Re: Frank Y (Beringer X32)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Y View Post
    do we have some folks here that are using a Beringer X32 Mixer with Sawstudio?
    I've used it one time a few months ago to record a 7-track concert out the USB card. It worked okay, but it did take me awhile to get everything figured out and running. I had trouble, initially, getting the driver files loaded up right for some reason.

I have another need to use it again next week (as a matter of fact) and this will be for 24-28 channels...... I anticipate some re-learning and fudging around to get everything set up in a way that I am confident. This time it will be recorded from the x32 rack unit and not the main board, by the way. I have messed with the rack unit, but again that was some months ago.

I'm happy to try and answer questions, or otherwise help, if I can.

ok thanks alot ! ...

i will use the USB2 interface also ..but mostly for recording.
    the thinig i would like to know is how to make it work as a controller also ..
    in midi ... i mean if i can control the chanel faders and pans of the sawstudio mixer using the x32 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Y View Post
    ok thanks alot ! ...

i will use the USB2 interface also ..but mostly for recording.
    the thinig i would like to know is how to make it work as a controller also ..
    in midi ... i mean if i can control the chanel faders and pans of the sawstudio mixer using the x32 ?
    The midi part I have no idea about and probably won't find the need, since I nearly always work with a soundman at this gig - it's the only place I know of that currently uses the x32. The rest of the time, I'm just recording with my own gear. But I'll report back any insights I may get from this job next week.

I used an X32 with the firewire card at Renfro Valley KY to record the Fifties show. Was cautious at first but by the 3rd show I just hit record and left. 24 tracks non stop for an hour and a half. Drivers were a little tricky to set up but I did it on a Lenovo W500 laptop. Now the guy that does sound wants to buy a laptop to do the country shows. I was surprised but it worked out really well.
    Steve L.
    Audio-Video Electronics
    Mountain View Recording
    Richmond, KY